1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b5 s4 FMIC

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by andybnwc, Oct 28, 2007.

1. andybnwc

andybnwc Member

Hi has anyone fitted a fmic to there s4 or seen any fitted ,would it be better than rs4 one?
  2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

FMIC's are more efficient than RS4 coolers and will allow running higher boost (if you're K04'd). Other options are modified RS6 coolers and AWE coolers are also quite highly rated.

I've stuck with RS4 coolers, they're good for over 400bhp and you might get lucky on a second hand set.

If you're still running K03's, I don't really think you'll see much benefit from uprating your intercoolers.
  4. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

I disagree (with my car anyway) :)

It may not gain the car with huge dollops of extra power, but it would help aid and maintain consistent boost pressures in warmer weather.

Mine suffers badly with heat-soak, and after a good few flat-out blasts on a hot day,.........it dies on its ass. Really loses its edge and sparkle.

Any OTHER turbo car I've had with a stock intercooler has benefitted with an increased surface area/exposure,............and I don't see why an S4 would be any different :icon_thumright: