1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B5 RS4 Spare Wheel

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5, B7 & B8 Chassis)' started by Dav76, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Dav76

Dav76 New Member

[Jan 17, 2011]
    Hi,

I've got a 2001 B5 RS4 and I'm wanting to get a spare wheel for it. I can't decide what size or style to go for.

I know that my current original wheels are 18" x 8.5j with an offset of 20. Can I put an aftermarket wheel with an offset of 30ish and 8j width on or do I need to use the original size? Assuming that it would be to get me home and not for normal use.

Yesterday I took a wheel off and it doesn't fit into the boot space due to a piece of trim and I was thinking the 8j may fit better. I reckon the 8.5j would fit if the trim was cut back a bit but not so keen to do this.

Are there any space saver options?

Interested to hear if anybody else has solved this problem.

Cheers,
    Dave.
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 18, 2011]
    Surely the standard full size wheel fits in the standard wheel well...
  3. Dav76

Dav76 New Member

[Jan 19, 2011]
    It will fit but I would rather not have to cut off a piece of boot trim to make it fit.

I have been led to believe that the B5 RS4 never came with a spare wheel but only with a can of repair foam.

The spare wheel space in the boot has a lovely piece of moulded polystyrene and jack etc. I don't think Audi ever intended for a wheel to be put in but just kept the orginal boot pressing from the A4.
  4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter

[Jan 19, 2011]
    That bit of trim youre talking about, is it the plastic bit thats near the rear slame panel?
    My spare wheel catches on that and i got standard 16" alloys. I just need to lift and push it towards the front of the car a bit.

That bit of ploystyrene, jack and tools is normal. that sits in side the alloys. you put the alloy in facedown and the tools in side the alloy.