1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b5 passat sideskirts on b5 a4?

ian52 Jul 16, 2009

1. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

anybody know if they will fit?

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think the passat is more like the A6 in size.

3. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

4. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Anythings possible with a bit of work, it was my understanding that the b5 a4 andpassat were on a very similar chassis, so length shouldnt be too much of an issue, they can always be chopped and shortened/lengthened easy enough. The passaat arches seem to flair a bit more than the audi's though, so also a bt of work needed to be done there. I'd find someone with the right passat and have a cheeky measure of their cill lenght and start from there. It's not gonna be a simple bolt on, but it could be done imo, either by yourself or by a half competant body shop and you'd have something different from the rest. Got me thinking now.....;)

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

B5 Passat is a bigger car, somewhere between a B5 and a C5 A6 in length afaik.

Few folk on here have commented on the fact that the passat has a lot more rear legroom.

They could be made to fit though.... Too long is defo better than too short!

6. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Looking at dimensions the passat wheelbase is around 100mm longer

7. Siena

Siena Active Member

B5 Passat rear doors are much longer than B5 A4.

8. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

It's not size that matters......

As stated, too long is much easier to deal with than too short