b5 clutch

vfr750

Reaction score
I've been looking at a b5 1.8t avant and went for a test drive yesterday and the clutch pedal Is very high.like last 15mm of travel up is the biting point and very snatchy with it. Is it looking like a new clutch or is there adjustment anywhere?

If that car is cable and not hydraulic it might just need tightening up or replacing instead of the actual clutch itself

Theres no adjustment it on a hydraulic circuit not cable, The clutches are normally quite high on the B5 when the pressure plates wear in, mine did this after a couple of days of fitting it.

Easiest way to tell is put it in 4th gear whilst stationary with the handbrake on take the revs to about 3k and slowly pull the clutch if stalls its ok if the engine carries on to rev then the clutch is slipping, if the clutch is worn you may burn it out so dont do it for long once foots off the pedal drop the clutch straight after if its still revving.

I agree with Brad on this one.
My clutch has been high since the day I got the car and 15k later its still high and still no signs of it slipping.
even recently when I used the car to pull out hedges, shrubs and small trees the clutch still never slipped.

Mine is crazy high, it did slip the other day when I did a full bore launch forgetting I wasn't in the weekend toy car :eek:

Theres no adjustment it on a hydraulic circuit not cable, The clutches are normally quite high on the B5 when the pressure plates wear in, mine did this after a couple of days of fitting it.

I concur 100% with this; mid travel ish now from bottom when first fitted.