B5 Central locking pump wiring with universal keyless entry

b2

Reaction score
I thought this would be straight forward, maybe someone here can shed some light.

1998 Audi A4 1.8t
Trying to wire in a cheap ebay universal keyless entry box, to control the locking and unlocking of the car so I don't have to do with the key.

From what I gathered this is what I should be following as a guide:
12v Power - Thick Red/Blue
Earth Brown - Thick Brown
Unlock - Thin Grey/White
Lock - Thin Brown/Grey or Thin Red/Brown
Right indicators - Black/Green
Left indicators - Black/White

I also read that the B5 is a negative triggered system so that is the instructions I am following with the keyless entry wiring diagram. I can get the system to lock or unlock but not both at the same time without switching the wires around.

Any advice which wires should be lock/unlock with one of these universal jobbies?

20li6a.jpg

bdlk7l.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the above diagram does it want me to connect the 3rd and 4th wire both to earth or connect them both togheter? That maybe the problem as I have connected the 3rd wire to earth but not the 4th.

I think the printing is just moved down a bit...

First wire is "non-connect"
2nd is "lock"
3rd is "earth"
4th should be "non connect"
5th should be "unlock"
6th should be "earth".

Reactions: b2
Spot on mate :salute:
Appreciate the reply helped me loads and got the job done straight away :rock:
My B5 now has remote locking!! :scared2:

What is the non connect bit? Haven't ever fitted one but I'm looking to do it to the Cordoba which has the pump in the boot. I love that noise it makes when it opens or closes the locks.

exactly that, just leave it unconnected as its not required.

Its just a pair of relays, one contact is connected to the output at rest, the other is connected when its trying to activate that function.