1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B5 A4 speaker sizes?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Foxmeister, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Im looking for some front component speakers for my A4 soon, just wondering if anybody can tell me the standard sizes for front and rear speakers and if so wot would be the biggest size possible to fit in place?
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

the fronts are 4" components, with a 1" tweeter, and the rears are 6.5" coaxials (rear deck). You'll need adapter rings to fit anything but the fronts need to be fairly slim units. Rainbow 230slx's will fit. Wouldn't spend too much on the rears, but bear in mind that if you are still running the OEM HU then you'll need an amp as the stock rears have a tiny 2 x 20w amp bolted to the left speaker. If you have an aftermarket HU then you can simply rewire the rears directly to the HU.
  3. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Its the fronts im mostly concerned about, originally had Focal in other cars and was gonna look into them again, but heard of Rainbows aswell, how good are they though as i havent had any experience? I have complete systems from my old cars, all upgrade headunits, amps, cable, caps etc. Goin for a basic type system, quality front comps, have 6x9's for rear but will be turned down low and on high pass filter, and decent 12" sub in boot run of an Alpine 4 ch amp. Lookin for more sound quality than loudness these days, must be gettin old!:rolleyes: