B5 A4 1.8T vs. SRI 150 or B5 A4 1.8T vs. Corolla T-sport

Jo90

Reaction score
Hello Ladis and Gents

Just got my second Audi A4 1.8T (my first one was A6 2.5TDI <---96 ), and I LOVE IT comfort and dynamic is perfect.

However a few of my friends want to race me and bet me £100 for the best car. first one is SRI 02 plate and the other T-sport corolla 189 bhp, on paper my car should be very close but i dont wanna risk it.

Any help will do

Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Your question seems to be based on the presumption that the fastest car is the best car. Why?

You also say you don't want to risk it. Risk what? Finding out that someone else's car is a faster? Who cares?! There are thousands of people with faster cars than yours. Why should that affect how much you like your own car?

If the SRI 150 you refer to is a Vectra, having owned Vectras an A4s, I can tell you I would rather stick rusty needles in my eyes than have another Vectra, regardless of how fast it is.

You seem to be very happy with your A4. That's not surprising, it's a great car. Just get on with being happy with your car, & don't worry if your mate's piece of General Motors sh!te is half a second faster to 60.

Does that help at all?

Sorry, forgot to add. Welcome to the forum. We are all very friendly here, honest!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

LOL Jeff,

Its all about money m8

Bet is £100 each = £300 big money to win, but also big money to lose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My Q was --- if any of you guys raced these cars b4 and outcome....

I am very happy with my car, and its the best i've had.

Thanks for your comment m8

All the best

K

is yours a 150bhp model? If so with the A4 being heavier than both the other cars, you'll probably be left behind in a straight line.

I agree with Auroan. Seeing as it's all about cash, if you take the bet, you'll probably lose your money. Plus, of course, you'll have wasted a fiver on petrol & ripped half a millimetre of tread off your front tyres for no good reason.

Decline the bet and spend the £100 on some TLC to make your already great car even better.

Or fork out and get you car chipped and take the rest of the money to subside the cost of the chip and DV.

That’s only if you have the late 180bhp as If you don’t I think the Corolla will whoop your **** chipped or un-chipped if you have the 150bhp engine.

Yep

I agree with Docurley. I worked for Toyota a while ago and drove loads of those corollas. They are damn quick, same 190bhp engine and six speed box as the Celica T Sport.

yea vectra will be easy as they r heavy as fuk but no chance on the toyota untill chiped

Yep you are all correct!!!

I didn't take the bet but had a small pre race with vectra for fun and it was easy (ish) to overtake.

I didn't even try to race with the corolla......

so saving money.

Once i upgrade to 190 bhp i will try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks all again

BB