1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B5 A4 1.8 20V FWD Wanted

Siena Mar 25, 2008

1. Siena

Siena Active Member

As stated above. I'm not bothered if it's scruffy, it must meet the following criteria:

1) It MUST have a minimum of a 3 weeks MOT.
    2) It MUST be able to at least drive from location to mine. Engine can expire after I get it home, it wouldn't matter.
    3) Road Tax isn't important, though a month or less remaining will be great.
    4) It MUST be rot-free.
    5) It MUST be an early car - M to P registered.
    6) It MUST be a manual
    7) Above all, it MUST be dirt cheap. I paid £500 for my '96 2.6 Quattro Sport, with 2 previous owners.

It's going to be used as a test bed (R&D) for installing an S8 4.2L V8, so I'm not too bothered about the general condition. I've chosen a 1.8 20V non-turbo, as they are the cheapest B5's available, even cheaper than the 1.6 that was launched later.

Anyone has such a car, or knows of one going for sale, spares or repair, please let me know. I'm not looking to pay more than £250 for a scruffy car, I'll buy it, as long as it meets the above criteria.

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. Siena

Siena Active Member

Thanks for that, David. I'm watching both V6 models.

5. AUDI TURBO

AUDI TURBO Member

do you know wish id bought a v6 to a degree but jsu not enough knowlege on them and repair not as easy on them but you jsut cant beat a V6 noise............ drool drool

6. S4_SAT

S4_SAT Stuck in 3rd

7. Siena

Siena Active Member

The Audifans link doesn't work.