B4 tdi

ScottyP45

Reaction score
Hi lads, Im back with an old skool audi 80 B4, im up for giving it bags more power, test vehicle lol.

Nice to be back. The B6 died from the sludge issue, and it took a while, but i got another audi and its wicked, never had an 80.

TDI rules lol ;)

Reactions: PAULF and ScottD3
The 1Z TDI (90bhp) is a well respected engine. That workhorse will run forever with regular oil changes. Got mine to 175k... And it was still mint.

Reactions: Arrkon
You didn't buy it from edition38 by chance did you? A black avant? There was one for sale on there that looked ace!

As said, get pics up!

heheh hi lads, im near cupar btw and na its a bluey-green (sport I think), it was a woman in a local town who had it.

Hey whats the 3 pin pump model? I never had a pre-vnt tdi before now so its a bit different but in a good way lol, no airbags, good abs, no cat required, no dpf.....luvvly

Can you get a tuning box for this pump?

You can get the tuning box for the 80 but im not a lover of them ( each to there own )
I personally would stick a bigger set of injectors in it to give it more fueling and through time look at a larger turbo.
I had an old MK3 golf TDi that had the same treatment but also had been chipped. It used to leave my mates 110 Octavia for dust

yeah injectors may be the best route to go, and I have an MBC on the wastegate line already so can turn up the boost if it smokes after changing them, anyone know what ones fit?

you could try the injectors from the 110. ive got a good set here if you wanted to give them a go?
stick them in and take it for a run if youre happy then make me an offer no obligation

I think you should change your avatar to 'Legendary Evilscotsman' after your Mr Muscle thread

Reactions: Arrkon and PAULF
hahha cheers brother, I just passed on what I tried when mine went wrong, Im so glad its helped so many people over the last 3 years!

I love turbo-diesels. Im an electronics engineer, and my Uncle Jackie was a bus mechanic, he got me interested in diesels and particulary TD's at teh age of 9 - and when he died I lost a great mentor. I was 15 then. RIP Uncle Jackie & Auntie Janet the Clippie.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try the injectors from the 110. ive got a good set here if you wanted to give them a go?
stick them in and take it for a run if youre happy then make me an offer no obligation

heyyy now that sounds like my kinda deal but seriously PM me with a price bro and I'll buy them.

;)

My ambition is to find, and fit, an S2 interior (avant not coupe cos mine is a saloon) - OMG its so beautiful, it deserves to be in my 80.

'Nuff said lol

My daughters man works in one of the biggest, and cheapest scrapyards around - fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where abouts is the breaker? Recently moved up to Glenrothes, so its good to know whats around. I've used UPullit in inverkeithing before, and SCB in newbridge.

heyyy now that sounds like my kinda deal but seriously PM me with a price bro and I'll buy them.

;)

My ambition is to find, and fit, an S2 interior (avant not coupe cos mine is a saloon) - OMG its so beautiful, it deserves to be in my 80.

'Nuff said lol

My daughters man works in one of the biggest, and cheapest scrapyards around - fingers crossed!

yea the S2 interior is lovely.
my old 80 was the avant I just think they look nicer in the avant shape. but then I think that with the A4 aswel

yeah have to agree interior is nicer in the b5 but the facelift b4 is still good. Also agree that the Audi Avants are the nicest estates you can get. They really suit it and the proportions are perfect. One of our senior bosses has a 57 plate RS4 Avant and holy sh1t I would give lots to own that bad boy, its metallic black with black alloys and those fat arches mmmmmmmm (homer drooling moment)

Aaragorn hows it goin mate! Glenrothes eh?, yeah the UPInverkeithing is my fave cos the prices are cheap, and flat across all cars and models.

There are a few in Cable Rd near you where the council tip is - can be useful. Next is KDY but everything is piled up high.

Didnt realise there were a breakers near the tip, will need to have a squint next time i'm round there.

UPullit didnt have much last time i was there, bar the run of the mill fords and vauxhall type stuff.

across the roundabout from the swimmin pool, straight down and turn right, drive past the tip entrance, next left and straight on there's 3 breakers down there but henry russell is the only one worth bothering with. Glen breakers is always shut and pete's never want to sell anything.

Heres the 1z beast:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

yah wheels definitely needed. either multispoke, or something but not sure and funds limited at the moment, if a cheap set come up I'll grab em tho 4x108 is not so common nowadays.

I stuck a set of avus style wheel trims on in black for now, not sure if I like em better than the steelies but hey-ho.

true, I have scanned ebay but so far theyre either wanting an arm and a leg or only have one wheel. never thought about fordies tho.

damn I forgot about both of those! Ok hunt is on.

now on a more important matter - my rev counter doesnt work....I think the clocks in the car are from a petrol B4

the part number is 8A0 919 035 and I cant find any mention of that number other than on petrol models, they also have a configuration block of 3 wire links, say 1, 2 & 3 fitted = US Petrol V8 etc and 1 fitted is UK petrol, none fitted is UK Diesel but I cut the link and it still doesnt work. Im not led to believe the clocks are not original except for the fact the rev counter doesnt work and the part number seems to indicate a petrol cluster. aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Anyone got any ideas? I wonder if Aragorn could check the number in his TIS? wink wink ;)

Now a lad from Falkirk has a set of 110 injectors which are next on my list for £30 so a nice power upgrade, and it came with a MBC on the WG line so if the new nozzles smoke, | can turn up the boost to compensate. Just need a boost gauge first.

Happy days! It really does need some more grunt, especially up a hill in 4th and 5th but its ok on the flat. Also have to test the intake for boost leaks.

heheh I work in Rosyth, that would make life a whole lot easier mate! :)

I am actually a Space Cowboy, hence I forgot it was you who had them....too many mis-spent teen years on the Puff......

If you can find out the street, or if you want me to pay in paypal to you and send em in the post, its all good.

6 and 2 3's bud. ill give Rick a bell later and find out what hes up to as he might be over this direction at his old mans.
im sure its ******* avenue or somthing like that he lives

Last edited:
ok any details just pm me mate, I heard of that street but maybe better to edit that post and delete the info.

either way is cool - picking em up in Rostie is just as easy. ;)

just spoke to Rick hes working this week but will be over here at the w/end I can give him them unless you want them sooner? as I say bud its easy to stick them in a padded envelope and send them through next day delivery or whatever. up to you

Had an idea... I can drop the money into him first and when he tells u its there you could post em then if you like. That way you get the money when he gets over - Whatever you think, I would have em sooner than later if poss but if not its cool ;)

Anyway the weekend is fine cos I can't fit em till Sat or Sun so either way lol