1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B-pillar rattle

steve184 Apr 24, 2012

1. steve184

steve184 Active Member

I've got an annoying rattle coming from my drivers B-pillar (seatbelt exit area) - its very light 'ticking' kind of sound - driving me mad as its location means its basically right near my ear!!!

Anybody had similar or knows what it is likely to be (don't know what parts/items are fixed within this b-pillar area that could cause this sort of noise)

2. Graham89

Graham89 Derv Perv

Seat belt holders/runners? If you've got a few tools i'd have a go at whipping the cover off and have a looksy

3. steve184

steve184 Active Member

wouldn't know where to start - presume its a pull off part in some way as no visible fixings???

4. cloughy

cloughy Member

I had a similar sound that turned out to be seat belt as mentioned above, I just pulled at the seat belt loads and the noise has now stopped

5. steve184

steve184 Active Member

how do you mean? just keep pulling the belt all the way out unwinding and rewinding? (without taking anything apart?)

6. cloughy

cloughy Member

just a little of to and fro with the belt maybe 3-4 inches to engage the clicking sound, I did this about 40-60 times and it sorted it

I knew it was the belt making the clicking sound as I drove with the belt off and it wasn't doing it

7. steve184

steve184 Active Member

thats interesting ill try that to test (driving with belt off)

8. billym3

billym3 New Member

If stansmith were size 7 or 8 I would've snapped em in no time. Glwts mate

9. The_life_pursuit

The_life_pursuit New Member

Hi Steve184. Got exactly the same faint ticking sound from the same area. Would be interested to know if you resolved the issue and how? Cheers.