B&O with and without tech pack

I'm guessing they haven't released it for dealers but then didn't some people say they got the update? I emailed him the link to this thread and the other one but he basically said to not trust forums. Made an analogy about how he's painting his house and he's reading the forums for how much water to use but people are giving different opinions. He also started talking about buying a new amp at home which has no subwoofer setting so I shouldn't be worried. Either way, I contacted Audi UK Customer Care and they've asked for my VIN.

Can't argue with a photo/video though can they, it's one thing a few people saying "you should have it because I have" but when there's a video showing in there or a photo of the 0875 software version, not really much to say "ah don't pay any attention"

I'm guessing they haven't released it for dealers but then didn't some people say they got the update? I emailed him the link to this thread and the other one but he basically said to not trust forums. Made an analogy about how he's painting his house and he's reading the forums for how much water to use but people are giving different opinions. He also started talking about buying a new amp at home which has no subwoofer setting so I shouldn't be worried. Either way, I contacted Audi UK Customer Care and they've asked for my VIN.

I'd tell him to get on a proper forum and to buy a better amp. Any half decent system has sub control.

To add fuel to the fire I've just asked my salesmen and he's checked my car which I'm picking up in a couple of weeks and says mine has sub control on it. Hope he's correct. (B&O with tech if that matters)

He said his old amp had it but his new amp doesn't and it sounds better. Hopefully yours does, since its a 2017 one it must have it. I don't really trust the salesmen though, I asked mine before I bought it if it had Audi Beam and he said yes because its standard, the car didn't have it in the end and they said it's cost me £60 if I wanted it, so forget that.

Audi UK Customer Care have asked me if I've spoke to my local Audi centre about it. Just told them the story.

I'd tell him to get on a proper forum and to buy a better amp. Any half decent system has sub control.

To add fuel to the fire I've just asked my salesmen and he's checked my car which I'm picking up in a couple of weeks and says mine has sub control on it. Hope he's correct. (B&O with tech if that matters)

This become very interesting as we use the same dealer!

My car(same build week as we both know) does not have the option. Having been to the dealer today, they need my car for a whole day to determine if there's an update for it!!

I've booked it in, but reckon I'll cancel as I'm not THAT bothered.

Be interested to know the name of your sales person?? Good to reference them if I do hit a dead end.

On a side note I tried two S3's in the showroom(when the system eventually loaded), both BE and neither had the option available.

Are we absolutely sure that having tech pack doesn't make the difference???

I can understand that its a minor detail for most and without it, the sound is still better than the Bose in my old 8P A3, but I know from the PFL I test drove that it makes it even better if you listen to songs with bass. It really is strange that the two in the showroom plus your car doesn't have it. Maybe the showroom cars are older but either way I have the tech pack so should have it. Audi Customer Care have passed it on to my local Audi dealer rather than the one I bought it from. Hope they are better,

This become very interesting as we use the same dealer!

My car(same build week as we both know) does not have the option. Having been to the dealer today, they need my car for a whole day to determine if there's an update for it!!

I've booked it in, but reckon I'll cancel as I'm not THAT bothered.

Be interested to know the name of your sales person?? Good to reference them if I do hit a dead end.

On a side note I tried two S3's in the showroom(when the system eventually loaded), both BE and neither had the option available.

Are we absolutely sure that having tech pack doesn't make the difference???

I wonder if this has been mentioned in the dealership as my salesman was quick to respond that my S3 had it. I wonder if they checked mine when you questioned it. It does seem very strange that 2 cars built at the same time can be different. The only difference we have is that mine has the tech pack and yours doesn't. If the other cars in the showroom didn't have tech then it would say that it is the deciding factor.

Happy to name him if needed but he's new and don't think he'll be of much use as the poor lad has to check everything with the boss before he can say anything. So far he's been good so don't want to get him in any hot water. Wait until I have mine and we check if it definitely is there. I'm not confident until I see it for myself. :)

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Just look at the software version in the MMI. For the facelift, from 0875 onwards, any B&O system will have subwoofer control. Below that, no B&O system will have subwoofer control. For the PFL 8V, all B&O systems will have subwoofer controls.

So far no luck with getting the update. I was meant to be contacted by my local Audi dealer today about it but no response. I did notice there's a CD with the car manual and service book that says 'Onboard A3'. When I put it in the car it did nothing, but when I go to system update, it lets me update off the CD. If you click it, it says 'handbook 8v2012788QB', install update or cancel. It says handbook so I doubt it's an update so I just left it but I am curious what would happen if I did click update.

On the german forums, it looks like they've known about this since December. https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...sound-system-t4870569.html?page=2&prev=search

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...nen-thread-t3957171.html?page=502&prev=search

Last edited:
What software version is everyone on? I checked last night and I am on 0679. Just to confirm I do not have subwoofer control and have B&O with tech pack advanced

0679 here as well, tech pack advanced, B&O, no sub woofer control.

I spoke to the dealer and he checked two unregistered cars with B&O and neither had sub woofer control so he just told me it is normal.

0875, have B&O and Tech Pack Advanced and do have the subwoofer control.

Is there a link between software version, lack of subwoofer control and the problem of sound settings resetting to default all the time?

0679 here as well, tech pack advanced, B&O, no sub woofer control.

I spoke to the dealer and he checked two unregistered cars with B&O and neither had sub woofer control so he just told me it is normal.
Mine has subwoofer control, I can check the version later. It's a facelift which was built during January, my dealer was aware the cintrol was missing on earlier facelifts.

0679 here too, B&O and Tech pack advanced but no subwoofer control. My sound setting haven't reset yet but only had the car for 5 days. The dealer I bought it from has said there is no update to me but I'm now dealing with the senior management team at my local Audi dealer. I also talked to Audi Customer Services who said they checked with their parts team, and they said version 0679 is the most up to date available but I could check with my local parts department.

I remember reading that someone got the update because he had problems with his MMI system but can't find where I saw it. Does anyone know where it was? Would be good to know what the problems were just in case and have proof that someone got the update.

Ive checked my software version and confirm its 0679 and have written Audi UK toast what they intend to do about it. Will keep you informed.

Can anyone tell me where it says the version number?

I've found the correct screen(I think) but can't see any reference to 0679??

If you go to Settings- system maintenance, it's the first one on the list. My software version is 0148. I have a FL A3 if that makes a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a link between software version, lack of subwoofer control and the problem of sound settings resetting to default all the time?

Not confirmed yet, but I strongly suspect they fixed it in 0875 as well, it'd only make sense. 0875 contains a bunch of audio-related fixes for Audi Sound System and B&O. 0679 still loses sound settings periodically if I'm not mistaken.

To anyone with 0875 and B&O, have you ever noticed your sound settings being reset without user interaction? It happens a few times a week to a few times a month for most people with a facelift A3.

Reactions: dpaz and slipped_disc
I've had the car for 5 days now, set up the sound settings the day I got it and today it reset, so looks like 0679 does have that problem. I wonder if the navigation settings reset too, Audi dealers seem to care about Nav stuff more than sound settings. As I said before, mine is version 0679. Richard Tallis, like reggieboy said, go into settings, then bring up the left menu and go into system maintenance. Should be an option for version information.

0875, have B&O and Tech Pack Advanced and do have the subwoofer control.

Mine has subwoofer control, I can check the version later. It's a facelift which was built during January, my dealer was aware the cintrol was missing on earlier facelifts.

Has any of you two seen the B&O sound settings reset by themselves? If not, that is another related issue fixed in 0875. Audi should really start rolling those out.

Has any of you two seen the B&O sound settings reset by themselves? If not, that is another related issue fixed in 0875. Audi should really start rolling those out.

Nope, my subwoofer and bass settings are both where I left them.

Well hey, that's good news.

Software 0875 fixes all known issues with B&O in the facelift A3.

All older software contains all known issues (settings disappear, no subwoofer adjustment). Get talking to your dealers and Audi guys, they simply have to make this version available for everyone.

Do you know if there are any other issues with 0679? The more issues we know, the more we can throw at them to get the update.

I don't even have my A3 yet, delivery should be July or August :grimacing:. I've been looking into all the issues with the Audi Sound System and B&O since they would really bother me and I wanted to know if there was a fix available or if it was fixed in recently built cars.

In all of my extensive reading about the A3 facelift, however, I haven't seen anyone else mention MMI-related problems other than these, so I don't think there is anything else 'major'.

You would think, in this day and age, a software update for MMI should be downloadable over-the-air /Audi Connect, or downloadable to SD card for a DIY flash. Removing all the hassle and questions from dealerships that probably have no idea that there's functionality missing. Pain in the a###.

My only real gripe is that the MMI is dog slow!!

For me its been fine apart from starting up. The virtual cockpit starts up fast but the MMI takes its time. I started the car up and wanted to change driving mode but it took ages before it let me. I realised the driving mode changes if you keep pressing the button so you don't need to see it on screen. My guess is the MMI and Virtual Cockpit both use the same nvidia tegra processor which prioritises the Virtual Cockpit. Makes sense if its like that.

You would think, in this day and age, a software update for MMI should be downloadable over-the-air /Audi Connect, or downloadable to SD card for a DIY flash. Removing all the hassle and questions from dealerships that probably have no idea that there's functionality missing. Pain in the a###.

It certainly looks like that's what they wanted to do, why else are there 2 options for software update? No idea why it only lets you update maps or special destinations. Just make it like mobile phones or computers and release updates to download.

Reactions: AL_B
Well my local Audi have contacted me and have booked me in for this. Problem is the earliest date they have is June 26th!!! Man I hope I can get it sorted earlier. Had to submit a Diagnotic Questionnaire so they might contact me earlier about it.

Last edited:
A few days ago I realised my sound settings have reset by themselves. Strange thing was, I couldn't be bothered to change them back and the next day, the sound settings were back to how I set it. Strange bug.

A few days ago I realised my sound settings have reset by themselves. Strange thing was, I couldn't be bothered to change them back and the next day, the sound settings were back to how I set it. Strange bug.
Yeah, this has been happening with B&O's since the facelift. It's very annoying and a bit lazy on Audi's side. Should've been fixed much faster and the fix should've seen a wide rollout right away.

One thing I've spotted, unrelated to B&O is that if I have the radio favourites up on the VC it sometimes says there aren't any, even though they're up on the HMI!

Does anybody else experience this:

When starting the car and everything is booting up and the MMI makes its automatic phone connection etc and you're last selected music source turns on and music starts to play - I get what sounds like a spike in the sound system and it cuts out for a millisecond, like a blip. I'm wondering whether it is maybe just the car establishing connection with my phone (because these similar spikes I have witnessed in other things) but it also cuts through the SD card music if selected. I have other issues with my b and o and wondering whether this could be related. It only happens just after starting up the car and everything is booting up, maybe approx 20-30 seconds after the ignition is turned on. After that it doesn't happen again until the next restart.

Yeah, this has been happening with B&O's since the facelift. It's very annoying and a bit lazy on Audi's side. Should've been fixed much faster and the fix should've seen a wide rollout right away.

Little things like this really warrant a widely available update over the internet like you get on smartphones or computers.

Has anyone else successfully has their vehicle updated?

My car is booked in tomorrow and I don't want to waste my time... I'm thinking about cancelling. I would like it doing, but don't want to lose my car for the whole day to get the expected answer of "it's all up to date and fine" :smirk:

Not yet, my appointment is on June 26 so still got ages to go. It's up to you, would be good for the rest of us to find out if there actually is an update. I only found one person (milnesafc) who got an mmi update, he had the other problem with it not keeping the sound settings. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mmi-not-keeping-sound-settings.311567/#post-2936175

I cancelled dudes sorry! To be honest I'd got that much to do tomorrow that I could happily have done without a trip to the dealership. I really wasn't that convinced that they were going to do anything with it.

For reference my version is 0191 so not sure what that means.

Although it hasn't happened too often, the bass and treble definitely reset periodically. I actually find the MMI pretty glitchy. My phone sometimes doesn't connect, or randomly disconnects. My iPod will sometimes become "unrecognisable media" to name some quickly off the top of my head. Either Audi rushed this or my system is a bit of a lemon!

It's fine, I also doubt they'll do anything to fix it but hoping by then there might be an update. I kind of think they'll just update my navigations maps as the new ones just came out and say job done. The sound settings being reset and no subwoofer settings are the main glitches I have. I did have my steering wheel * key stop working yesterday, its set to drive select by default but had to change it manually through the MMI that time.

It's fine, I also doubt they'll do anything to fix it but hoping by then there might be an update. I kind of think they'll just update my navigations maps as the new ones just came out and say job done. The sound settings being reset and no subwoofer settings are the main glitches I have. I did have my steering wheel * key stop working yesterday, its set to drive select by default but had to change it manually through the MMI that time.

I have mine set the same now we have seek buttons for changing song on the steering wheel.

I also experience this glitch. One of many that I can now list. I usually find it's because I'm trying to use it too quickly after turning the ignition on... the whole system seems to boot up like Windows 3.1 !!

Reactions: AL_B and dpaz