B & O Speaker Recall?

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a recall for the B & O speakers? I found this on the Audi World forum.....

"I wanted to give a heads up regarding a current recall (70G6) for those with Bang & Olufsen speakers. Apparently the issue is with the aluminum trim on the door speakers coming loose and causing injury or damage to clothing due to sharp edges. In my case, my wife's A4 went in for the 20k service and this recall service was performed."

There are a lot of follow up posts where the dealers are just pulling the trim off even though they do not have the replacement parts yet which leaves an unsightly glue residue!!
If it applies to the UK I won't be having it done until I know they have the new parts ready!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Mine is doing this, is quite dangerous for folk's legs/ankles in the back seats, I'm going to try some of my own glue first if what you say is true.

Reactions: NoParticularPlaceToGo
Noticed this too the other day when wiping a muddy scuff mark off the front passenger door, down by the B&O speaker grille - the microfibre cloth I was using snagged on a very nasty little sharp edge of the trim strip.

Anyone had this recall in the UK? Although I am not sure if this warrants a car having a recall, just a TSB I expect..

They can add some better sound dampening to the speakers while they're at it :icon thumright:

My Audi is currently in 'quality control' at the factory so I wonder if it will be delivered with this fix.

Im not convinced this is still an issue to be honest. That original post appears to be from one of the first B9 a4s, Ive looked at mine just out of interest (they've not caused any problems) and all the edges are smooth and flush with the rest of the speaker grill, front and back. I do have several speaker grills rattling so I'd hope I can get that looked at

You are correct in that the original post started in the USA last year but the thread has continued with people still having the recall as late as March 18, I was just wondering if it applies to the UK market (and later B9's) plus hopefully they have the new parts available if it is required..... although mine appear fine at the mo (with no rattles).

Reactions: cuke2u
Service campaign 70G6 - A-Replacing loudspeaker trim* appeared on myAudi today.

Reactions: NoParticularPlaceToGo
What section are you guys seeing this on the myAudi website? And off topic I know, but whilst i’m asking, are you supposed to see your PDI in the digital service book on the same site? Whenever I look it always comes up with an error.

Mine was done yesterday, not had time to look at it properly but looks like the trim strip is now a lot more recessed into the grille

Just looked, I have this now also. The car is in next week for the aerodynamic trim recall and a software update so they will likely do this at the same time

Attachments

• audi.png
    audi.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 233
Hi anyone had this recall completed of possible can post some pictures up
Thanks