Axle Stands

Essflee

Reaction score
Just treated myself to 4 axle stands and a trolley jack, reason being is I want to get all 4 wheels refurbished.

Where would you place the axle stands ?

Would you place them under the 4 standard jacking points or would you put them under the car somewhere ?

Car should only be like this for 4-5 days.

I'd probably just go for the jacking points. Also, I have seen some rubber pads that I think would be good to use on the stands for such a period of time.

Oh and don't let anyone lean on the car...

can you get the trolley jack under the car? I can't get the one i have at home under my car which only lowered by 25mm. Think i need a special low slung jack

can you get the trolley jack under the car? I can't get the one i have at home under my car which only lowered by 25mm. Think i need a special low slung jack

Didn't look like much room yesterday mate when I tried and my car is standard height, I used the trolley on the jack points to see where I was going to put the axles stands...

Ive blown that idea off now and just bought another set of wheels, bought 17" Avus which I'll use while my rstt's are getting refurbished, use the 17's for the winter too :)