1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome's online shop - Nothing recieved after 3 weeks !!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by auroan, Nov 25, 2011.

1. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Nov 25, 2011]
    I'm getting really frustrated now !!! I ordered a boost guage kit from Awesome over 3 weeks ago and nothing. First time I chased I get a two week eta.. then I chase again after two weeks and get a it's with us any day now. Now its 3 weeks gone and still nothing !!!!

Why can't they run some stock. I used to sing Awesome Gti's praises back in the day's of Sarah. But whats going on now !!! Is anyone else suffering from seemingly never getting there stuff ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 25, 2011]
    i think the thing with awsome is
    they dont keep loads of stock to keep there bank balance looking good
    also alot of there stuff comes from usa etc and the delivery times are ****
    what gauge did you order ?
    i know i had there last b6/b7 center vent kit a few weeks ago
  4. AwesomeHassan

AwesomeHassan Member

[Nov 25, 2011]
    Hi Auroan,
    Firstly I would like to apologies regarding this delay. Yes many our items do come form the States and unfortunately delays can occur.
    We do try to keep stock at all times, and we do not just look at our bank balance.
    We are here to look after our customers. Could you please give me a call when you get a chance and we can find out where your item is.

Thanks
    Hassan
  5. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Nov 25, 2011]
    Hassan, I've dropped an email awesomes way this afternoon but got no reply. @ Bez... yes it was the center vent kit. I could have got it direct from the states quicker.
  6. AwesomeAl

AwesomeAl Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Nov 26, 2011]
    What e-mail address did you write to? We do currently have a couple of members of the sales team off, but then you should have received an out of office reply.

I don't think that's a very fair comment at all. The issue has arrived with this particular product because it is brand new!
    In terms of stock, we keep in the items which we know sell well.

With new products, we'll get one in stock to judge interest. Once we know how popular that item is, it gives us a rough idea of what re-order levels to set. One thing for sure is that we can never predict demand!

Of course, it would be fantastic to have a crystal ball to show us what items will sell and when, but until then, we do absolutely everything we can do within reason to hold stock of what we think we need.

Most of our products come from europe, however the majority of our Unique products (the stuff nobody else does) will indeed come from the U.S.
    I'm sure everyone on here has had an experience with something coming from the U.S. taking forever either due to slow courier services, or due to the customs officers sticking their nose in for a little too long!

Hope this helps to explain!
    Kind regards, Al.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  7. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Nov 27, 2011]
    The issue I have is not being kept up to date. Being told two weeks, then chasing, then being told any day now... Then a further week later still having to chase... Gets very frustrating !
  8. bez101

[Nov 27, 2011]
    not a fair comment ?
    rember my carbonio ?
    and other bits and bobs ?
    yeah was it 2 or 3 mth i waited for it ?
    2 ppl ordered after me and they got theres prety fast at 3 weeks me oh no even with all the calls and wanting refund did i get it fast no i didnt do its a fair comment from me
    when i got the vent i needed 2 i got the last 1 4 days it took when i was told it would go 1st class that afternoon so man up get stock and keep the ppl that count happy
  9. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Nov 27, 2011]
    Bez, off topic....but is the vent pod kit worth the wait ?
  10. bez101

[Nov 27, 2011]
    yes and no
    it looks good like oem
    but i did have a problem with the sender
    it worked for a day lucky for me i had a spare sender and used that only cos i sold the car and needed it working
    no doubt they would have sent a replacement
    but yes its a nice looking bit of kit