Awesome GTI RR charity day

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Went to this today and it was good to meet a few new faces from here and Satty (not on here) and Karlos and his Mrs...

Set off at around 8.30am from leeds and as soon as we were on the m62 it was game on with an E46 M3, he was quickly slayed with and a nice thumbs up from him....
Anyhow the duel cost me dear as my ****** turbo to mani gasket started blowing again...(about the 5th one ive put on now) ive even tack welded the nuts to the mani to stop them vibrating out but 1 of them broke loose and blew the gasket...
****** great it always happens on a RR day...

Anyhow i told the guys at awesome and they said we will still run it...so all was good until on full boost,Water/Meth started ******* out of the throttle body!! god knows how, i will after investigate..

So this was in effect a large boost leak so i ended up with this....

IMG_0856.jpg

The RR was playing up big time with the speed sensor signal on a few cars so dont know how accurate it is....
probably the last RR on this turbo now as it is getting replaced with a *Dan Special*....:arco:

Not a bad day but ****** freezing.....:cold:

Was novelty to see a mildly tuned r32 make 265hp on one run, then 587hp on another run, followed by 281hp on another lol.
Perfect opportunity for people to get mental figures.

Shame about your figures coz you know it flows well. But your looking forward to a special upgrade anyway so all is good.
And, you won the unofficial award for best, and only flames

Was novelty to see a mildly tuned r32 make 265hp on one run, then 587hp on another run, followed by 281hp on another lol.

Shame about your figures coz you know it flows well. But your looking forward to a special upgrade anyway so all is good.
And, you won the unofficial award for best, and only flames

eh?

they having issues then?
****** cold weather I tell ya...

Yea mine pulled 535bhp at 1st raised a few eyebrows lol then they manged to sort the rollers and got a proper figure of 346bhp not a bad day although my clutch gave in like I thought it would

They must have switched their superduper fans on for the second run! +300bhp with nice cool air! lol :cold:

yes was a decent day today nice to meet some lads had a word with satty and a few words with dave although i must have missed karl amongst the action???

i think i got a vid of you car on the rollers from the front corner dave.

It was cold there jojo we was guna get huddling round daves exhaust pipes

It was cold there jojo we was guna get huddling round daves exhaust pipes

Next time maybe, I was there some maybe 5 years ago for a RR day, but that was before they could do power figures at the wheels on Haldex cars.

I'll be attending other RR events not too far away for sure this year.