1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWE Drivetrain Stabilizer

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by chesterdog, Jan 12, 2005.

1. chesterdog

chesterdog Member

Has anyone ever tried this? what improvements or drawbacks did you notice?
  2. Markey

Markey Active Member

I have seen this and it looks a good bit of kit and would like to know as well. As with big power comes more engine twitching.
  3. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

Yeah i liked the look of this an its supposed to stop you feeling transmission rock. I may get one of these eventually. Wanna get a few other things done first.
  4. Olly__K

Olly__K Guest

5. Olly__K

Olly__K Guest

it came with the car, just the standard S badge. Sold it now though to make way for the rs4 grille
  6. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

Ok - No probs Olly, thanks. Second part of Question open to others then "does anyone know if and where "Audi Sport" metal grille badges can be bought from ?"
    And do they just clip on ?
  7. Danielson

Danielson Member

ok! im bringing this back from the dead, had a search and this is the only thread that comes up. now iirc im sure markey had one of these fitted on his A4. anyone else have one? are there any other dts on the market? had a google search and it would seem the only place to get this one is the us?? any info on this would be great. thanks in advance.
    dan aka the sn oo p
  8. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

There is another company which does them to. Look exactly the same and cost about the same but say something else on it.

A few S4 guys have them fitted. They say they sit pretty low so hit the ground a lot. This caused some to remove them.
  9. Markey

Markey Active Member

Yeah i did have one you really noticed the difference the gear change felt much more precise almost felt weird...

Regal autosports is where i got mine from
    http://www.vag-tuner.com/acatalog/copy_of_A4.html

He was more than happy to set up a group buy as well from what i can remember.
  10. whisky180

whisky180 Member

autospeed performance in the us do them also, damn good bit of kit. if your using coilovers or lowered springs you have to be a bit careful. i would'nt take mine off having used it
  11. S4TAN

S4TAN Evil Incarnate

Very good piece of kit - especially if you're pushing big power through your transmission. Great when used with a shortshifter.
  12. ZeroK66

ZeroK66 Member

one of the best things I did to my car. It stiffend up the feel of the car and it just felt SOOOOO MUCH better. The car felt 5 years younger. My car had only done 36k at the time, so I expect cars with higher mileage would see even greater improvements.

GREAT MOD!!!!! Quick and easy to install (and un-install to sell if you ever sell your car)