Avus silver or liquid blue colours on A3

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got any pics of their A3 / A3 sportback in liquid blue or avus silver.

Thanks.

I like the dolphin grey (duh i bought it) ,just tired of silver.I think black is the best colour for the new a3 but what a hassle unless your willing to wash it everyday.

Many thanks everyone,

Avus does seem very nice and i know what you mean about black, my R32 was black, and that was dirty most of the time! But maybe a black sportback with black roof rails and dechromed grill like the new pics of the RS4.

Slimbloke when i ordered my a3 they said the a3 did'nt come in lava grey,have you a pic?

no pics yet (phhh, after months of saying I will)

I think Lava Grey is S-Line only, but still, you went for S-Line so it should have been offered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

A point to consider is the availability of touch up pen sets. I have owned an Avus and Elderberry TT and touch up was only available as spray paints.

The 'normal' colours such as Akoya and Lava are generally available as touch up brushes as well as spay.

If you suffer from stonechips it can be an important consideration.

Steve

Leeb4ker, what difference did the H&R springs (no shocks?) make to your car please?

Mines Avus... must do some better pics this weekend.

SPORTBK.jpg

Cupramax, that looks very blue ish. I saw a TT which was avus and it looked more gre. Does the colour change that much in different lights?

Nick,

It really does change in light. Photos make it look lighter than it is in real life.

Avus, lovely colour. Mine gets so many comments "what a lovely colour, not seen that colour before"

[ QUOTE ]
Cupramax, that looks very blue ish. I saw a TT which was avus and it looked more gre. Does the colour change that much in different lights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was very dull that day. The car does seem to look totally different depending on the light.