1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avon ZZ3

Discussion in 'Handling' started by CJ A4, Mar 31, 2006.

1. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Mar 31, 2006]
    Just had the car serviced yesterday and as i only got my alloys in August IIRC i asked for them to switch them from back to front and vice a versa. To my disgust my mechanic told me that my front tyres are in a bad way! he said they are very badly worn and also i have a gash or crease on the inside wall of the drivers tyre which covers 1/3 of the wheel.
    I have only covered about 10K since August and my car cannot spin the front wheels (AUTO) unless its very wet which as most of you know it has hardly rained at all!

This cannot be normal for a tyre to wear that quick.

I'm not being funny but on my old civic i had hankook ventus rubber on for 2 years and i thrashed that but the tyres were fine!

I have to get new tyres but feel Avon have alot to answer for regarding the ZZ3 tyre.

Has anyone else had a problem with these or could it be a one off?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

[Apr 1, 2006]
    could be a soft compound performance tyre, much like toyo proxie's fantastic grip, but only for a few thousand
  4. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 1, 2006]
    Yeah but i didnt think they were as bad as that...not like i have been doing track days or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  5. imported_disley

imported_disley Guest

[Apr 4, 2006]
    i had 17" zz3's on my old e30 and they were dog turd!
    2 of them ended up with big eggs in the side wall!!!!!!
    Wouldnt get them again if they were the only tyre available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
  6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 5, 2006]
    I'm beginning to feel the same mate....which is a shame cause i originally thought they were a good tyre and recommended them.......not anymore though now highly NOT recommended!