1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by beaker, May 24, 2006.

1. beaker

beaker Member

[May 24, 2006]
    Just seen a couple of sets of these have been installed on the A90 between Perth and Dundee. Horrible things. Don't think they're active yet as there are no signs for them.

I'm heading down to Malmesbury at the weekend, leaving from Edinburgh. Does anyone know of anything like this that I should watch out for on the way. Route is A8, A700, A702, A74(M), A74, M6, M5, A417, A429.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

[May 24, 2006]
    Fek. I drive that A90 on a regular basis.

Oh joy.....
  4. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[May 25, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fek. I drive that A90 on a regular basis.

Oh joy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

But, to be honest if y'all are going to be lumbered with things like that, they are better than the single point and shoot cameras, as they do not get the speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down etc etc

I went through a couple a while back, and while it is a pain in the ass, set the cruise on and chill.....
  5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 25, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just seen a couple of sets of these have been installed on the A90 between Perth and Dundee. Horrible things. Don't think they're active yet as there are no signs for them.

I'm heading down to Malmesbury at the weekend, leaving from Edinburgh. Does anyone know of anything like this that I should watch out for on the way. Route is A8, A700, A702, A74(M), A74, M6, M5, A417, A429.

[/ QUOTE ]

beaker, where abouts exactly, as i'm heading to Glasgow at the weekend and DO NOT want to get stung by these feckers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 25, 2006]
    But they're much harder to spot as they just look like traffic master camera's
  7. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

[May 25, 2006]
    Nooooo - that's the best bit of road between Aberdeen & Newcastle.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Mike
  8. beaker

beaker Member

[May 25, 2006]
    Japper, I doubt you'll be affected. They are on A90 between Perth and Dundee near Kinfauns. I don't think they are active yet either.

Watch out for the ones on the M77 if you're using that though. They are marked.
  9. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 25, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Japper, I doubt you'll be affected. They are on A90 between Perth and Dundee near Kinfauns. I don't think they are active yet either.

Watch out for the ones on the M77 if you're using that though. They are marked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers beaker, i am going via Cupar so will miss Kinfauns anyway. Though I may give the M77 a miss on my way down to Dumfries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  10. beaker

beaker Member

[May 25, 2006]
    Oops, just seen you're coming down from Aberdeen not up from down south. Well you would have passed these then but since you have a different route it don't matter.
  11. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[May 26, 2006]
    M77? I thought they were only on the A77 furthur South at Ayr. Its a bitch at the moment with the roadworks at Ayr as the speed limit has been dropped to 30 mph and they are half way between cameras so your not sure what they are set for. Even the Scottish roads are being ruined by this ****.
  12. beaker

beaker Member

[May 30, 2006]
    Well, those cameras are now active between Perth and Dundee as the signs are up. I'm assuming they legally need to have those signs in place.

Khufu, yes, the cameras on the M77 are down near Ayr.
  13. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 31, 2006]
    Yep, active (40mph) both at Kinfauns and Glendoig.

Oh and the endless number of them on the A77 was fun at the weekend..........Not !