1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant tailgate strut ball fixing bolt loose, advice required thanks

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by gtvlew, Jun 24, 2013.

1. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

Afternoon all :sm4: , my drivers side rear strut anchor point to rear quarter panel is loose, ive dropped off the strut to see if I can tighten it up but its not threaded by the looks, is there a replacement for this item , do I have to remove the inner lining for access to remove the whole thing, heres a pic, thanks Gary.

[​IMG]
  2. SuperV8

SuperV8 Member

Mine came loose last week. It is threaded. Just nip it up with the appropriate spanner. Lube the ball a little to help stop it happening again.

Tom.
  3. Audi Doodah

Audi Doodah Active Member

Looking at the paint around it, it looks bodged already.
  4. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

the paint had been rubbed away with wear due to it being loose , i just rubbed it down with the audi touch up pen and then touched it up with paint, P for plenty,
  5. Ian-83

Ian-83 Member

Try doing it up with a 13mm spanner mine did the same a few times then I put some loctite on it seems to have stopped it for now. But i keep an eye on it every few weeks just to make sure its not coming loose again.
  6. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

Worked a treat cheers