1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avant tailgate closing

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by tbs, Feb 14, 2013.

1. tbs

tbs Member

Every now and then when I close my tailgate in a hurry it seems to rebound and not close. Has any one else had this problem. Is there an adjustment needed?
  2. Ian-83

Ian-83 Member

I have this problem too but yet to work out what's causing it.
  3. Audi Doodah

Audi Doodah Active Member

Me too! Usually happens if I push the boot closed though. I find that if I "pull" it shut with the interior trim handles and let it fall on it's own weight, it closes every time.
  4. glenandem

glenandem Member

same here guys,ive sorted mine now though, firstly i read it was the boot lock actuator sticking or getting old and weak so i replaced that from audi at about £30 if i remember rightly but that didnt sort it and i went and bought the actual catch and that sorted it, i did try lubing the catch which was ok for a short period but i just replaced it in the end and its been fine since!
  5. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Yeah, mine often bounces too, and as said by doodah, if I pull it and let it fall of its own accord it closes nicely...usually.

And thanks for the advice, I might look into the catch. I have had it stuck before when trying to open it too soon after it bounced. I had to leave the car for about 10 mins and then re-try it! It was a right pain.
  6. tbs

tbs Member

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like a common fault. Anyone know the price of a catch?