Avant Sunroof Drain Hole Cleaning / Unblocking - Passenger footwear leak Suggestions???

B79MJW

Reaction score
Evening Guys,

After looking at the massive accumulation of leaves the previous owner has kindly left me in the plenium chamber and air con intake area I suspect I also need to check and clean my sunroof drain holes.

Anyone got a procedure from elsawin for the b8? or indeed a link to a b8 specific procedure. Im told a old bike brake cable is just the job to insert through but I have not idea what im looking for on the sunroof end or where it exits? presume under the car?

I have a passenger side leak and want to rule out the chambers being blocked in the engine bay which they were rammed full of 9 years worth of leaves I suspect.

I have removed about four handfuls of crud and leaves from the passenger side of the chamber today. Can anyone point me at where the drivers side polonium chamber is couldn't spot it today.

Also want to check the sunroof drains.

Thanks in advance.
Mark.

Use nylon strimmer wire to clear sunroof drains and drain with warm water and a little detergent. Exit hole is below top hinge on front doors below A pillar.

Regards plenum chamber (polonium from memory is radio-active and is used by the KGB when you fall out of favour), besides I'm not writing this again. Another site, but we're all friends here. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/186072-Water-ingress

Reactions: jdp1962