AVANT SIDE LIGHT FUSE CONFIRMATION....HELP!!!!

Baker21

OEM+ A4 Avant
Reaction score
Website
www.hella.com
More problems with the Avant.....

Passenger Side rear side light is not working, I have replaced the bulb as it was showing signs of being burnt but it still does not work. This is a twin filament bulb and the 'stop' function of the bulb works fine but the 'side light' function does not?!?!?

Removed the fusebox cover but I have no way of knowing which fuse relates to this feature? Any ideas?

I doubt it's a fuse, Audi don't run seperate fuses for front & rear side lights, only left and right, so if the front side lights work then the fuse is OK. Suprisingly they do have seperate fuses for the rear lights and brake lights.
Are you sure you've fitted the bulb properly as they can be quite a tight fit, you need to ensure that it's locked in place in the bulb holder.
If the front is out as well then it's fuse 23 (5 amp)

I checked both fuse 23 and fuse 22 and all was OK, ran a check on the bulbholder check to ensure that the power was there and in the end it turned out to be a faulty terminal contact....for some reason the bulb contact had become distorted and needed to be 'bent' back into position.

It's always the simple things but thanks for your reply.