1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant Roof Bars...

chrisash32 Apr 13, 2011

1. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

Morning Everyone..
    This is a call to all of the B6 Avant owners with roof bars..

I am now in the market to buy some roof bars for my Avant for the summer holls.
    The thing is.. I was walking through my local town centre yesterday and seen an Avant with very slim line roof bars!! They are just what I am after as i didn't want ones that lift the roof box even higher than the side bars..
    Does anyone know who makes them? when fitted the bar that goes across the roof sits at the same level, if not slightly lower than the bars that go along the side the car.

Thanks!
    Chris

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Pics?

3. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

I have tried looking for some but cant find any..
    Best i can offer you is a drawing in paint haha

4. quattrojames

Shame you didn't have your phone(s) with you .....

5. C17LJR

C17LJR Member VCDS Map User

Go on then, should be a laugh... :)

Chris - just about to pm you

6. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

i did, but it was in traffic so has moved on before i got my phones out. Didnt think the owner would appreciate it either haha

7. quattrojames

8. baynesey

baynesey well you better unsell them, sharpish!

The Aero Bars look pretty swish indeed, how ever I couldnt part with near on £100 just to get them, so I settled for some Thule "squaries" .. I'll have them for sale soon if your interested fella, here's a a picture of them carrying my bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

Well thanks to james for all his help this morning. Whoring about the internet looking for the bars in question.
    It looks like the Prorack roof bars package - S53 Aero-X bars. are the correct ones so I have just ordered a set :)

6-8 week wait on delivery, but for a good set of bars I am prepared to wait :)

Thanks again everyone :)

10. dubdemand

dubdemand VAG Addict

Must say I am seriously impressed with those roof bars! Only question I have is how compatible are they with roof boxes and bike racks? Would be very interested to hear a review of them once you receive your set! May well invest in these myself!