Avant rear wiper arm removal (or not, as in my case!).

rabhrab

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a new rear wiper arm and blade and thought.... five minute job! I've removed the cover and removed the locking nut which was tight and a bit rusty, but can I get the arm off? No! It is a tapered fit onto the drive and is seized solid. I've left it soaking in a releasing agent bath and then tried with a puller (battery terminal type) but with no joy. As you can imagine I don't want to employ too much of a 'strong arm' tactic, so I'm looking for any suggestions? Leave it soaking over night? Cut it off... although this would be drastic! Thoughts please!

Take it to a local windscreen place and ask them to remove.

they usually on a tapered spline, get a cheap tool from FleaBay is another option. They look a bit like a gear/bearing puller

They look a bit like a gear/bearing puller

Patience is a virtue! After posting the initial time, watched a bit of 'telly and had a coffee, went back to the job and hey presto! The release oil must have done the job and with the aid of the battery terminal puller, the arm came off the splined shaft! New arm and wiper fitted......... satisfaction achieved! Now, what's the next fix I can get myself into............?

Oh, thanks for the replys!