1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant rear lights.....

phoenixv6quattro Jul 9, 2010

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Hello Fellas,
    I have got hold of some facelift rear lights for my pre-fl avant. How do I fit these? Is it a rear bumper off job or are all the fixings relatively easy? If anyone can advise/explain on how to fit the nice sexy clear strip taillights I have It would be ace!

Ollie

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

just 4 nuts inside the wee hatch and they pop off!

3. phoenixv6quattro

Thanks mate. A relief its so simple!

4. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

The phoenix is back!!!:applaus:

Thought you'd left us!!

5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Think they use an 8mm nut to secure and there are 4 on the back of the unit. Easy to remove. You may need to do a pin swap on the wiring plug though if they are like on the saloon where the revers and indicator are swapped over

6. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

no pin swap req'd on avants, there just a brighter red with clear instead of tinted indicator

7. phoenixv6quattro

Ha ha Floyd. I've been real busy as of late, so needed/need to thin out my time spent on any non-business related site period. Got the TB replaced and the stalling prob has gone(I'm getting a ferw more mpg too). I also replaced all the front CA's with the meyle hd kit. I aked ALLGERMAN PARTS to send me the s4 type TRE instead of the normal ones. With the TB and CA's it actually feels almost like a new car now. Wish I had done it sooner!

8. floyd 1.8 turbo

tb's and ca's????????????? English please!!!!

9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Throttle Body and Control Arms ;)

10. floyd 1.8 turbo

Thanks bud!

11. phoenixv6quattro

Sorry about that Floyd. I was suret that if anyone understood at least one member would (The flying Scotsman)...............But seriously, those two things have made such a bloody difference! Now toying with the idea of doing a full paint correction. But I probably can't be *****. Its a 12 year old car for christ sake!