1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant Led Rear Lights

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by hilly, Aug 19, 2014.

1. hilly

hilly Member

[Aug 19, 2014]
    I have been searching for the answer for what I need to retrofit led rear lights for my 58 plate a4 avant s line. The main thing I'm unsure about is do I defiantly need to change the module? I know I need adapters and coding but it's the module which I don't know. Can anybody shine any light on this please.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. benjie

benjie Active Member

[Aug 20, 2014]
    I'm pretty sure that if you're going pre-facelift non LEDs to pre-facelift LEDs, you just need the adaptor and coding. No new BCM needed. The BCM (I'm told) is needed when you go from pre-facelift LEDs to post-facelift LEDs.
  4. benjie

benjie Active Member

[Aug 20, 2014]
  5. hilly

hilly Member

[Aug 20, 2014]
    I'm looking for pre face lift. I would seek the coding from else where so wouldn't need the dongle. Think I have found the wiring for £50 from Germany. Thank you for your help.
  6. t8ups

t8ups Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 20, 2014]
    Its not as easy as just coding a couple of buttons via VCDS.

You need to go through adaptations which there is only 1 person that knows how to do it which is the Dave that is behind http://www.audienthusiasts.com/.

Buying the Loom, then the Lights and then paying Dave soon Adds up.

Try this - eBay - Item # 280638306343
    Huntingdon Audi will charge you 30mins Labour to code if you do the wiring, I sorted this for a customer, fitted the lights then changed the module at the stealers and then they rolled it in, recoded the car and both keys and hey presto.

Trups
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    benjie likes this.