1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant Front pads/discs

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Miller, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Miller

Miller New Member

I need new front pads and discs for my 2001 Avant, 115bhp diesel.
    SO, do I order OE from local Audi dealer, mail order, Ebay or local motor factor? Who will give the best deal?

Is there a combination that gives better braking and wear bearing in mind that I tow a trailer (around 500kg) and average 16k miles per year usually in the fast lane but not with the trailer!.

Your thoughts are welcome

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jcb

jcb Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I wouldn't go to audi, but that is just me. motor factor but specify good branded parts and you will be fine. are you doing the work?

4. Miller

Miller New Member

5. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

In the past have always sourced pads/discs from German and Swedish or Euro Car Parts, who supply Zimmerman/ Brembo/ATE discs and Pagid/Jurid pads...
    Recently though was able to get an extremely good deal from my local VW dealer on Genuine pads/discs for front and rear on the A4, (just ask for Passat parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) much cheaper than going to an Audi stealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    It was interesting to see that the OE brake pads are made by Textar; brakes are now superb....