1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant boot size

ScottD3 Jun 2, 2012

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

Any one got an avant with the rear load cover?

Could you measure the distance from the boot floor to the load cover please?
    the fabric section towards the back, not the main beam.
    Thanks.

2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member VCDS Map User

It's about 480mm measured at the back, where the 'flap' hinge/locating lug is. There is a bit of leeway (about 15mm each way) due to the carpet and cover flexing

Early 2000 model facelift quattro.

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

Thanks paul.

knock 100mm off that for my boot build and I could squeeze 400mm ish heigh cool box.
    ****** :(

Need to find a electric chest cool box. the traditional ones wont fit and i'm not removing my boot build.

4. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

5. ScottD3

Been looking at them but been wanting to go for something bigger but with out blocking the load cover that I don't have.

Found some really nice cool boxes but they are about £200

6. ScottD3

Gave up woth the electric one.
    Went for Coleman chest cooler.
    72 cans of coke or 70 off litres of water. I think, I can't remember.
    But it's the right height and their info says it can keep ice frozen for 5 days.
    I might try it.

7. PAULF

:no:! Coke!!!
    :beerchug:

8. ScottD3

Cider mate.
    No beer in my cooler!!

9. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Know who I'm looking for at inters, AITP and ADI :lmfao:

10. PAULF

You want to get one of them cider brewing kits then. Cider Kits

I do beer since Mrs PaulF got me a kit a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, she has the Avant and won't let me convert it to a mobile brewery :(

11. ScottD3

I have thought about it but lack of space put me off.
    Ill look in to it again if we get a bigger space.

It turned up. It's a bigger than I thought but it will do nicely.

[​IMG]