1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avant b6 b7 rear bumper question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Jan 18, 2013.

1. glenandem

glenandem Member

does anyone know if the b7 rear bumpers fit the b6 avants with no mods?
  2. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

No, apparently a different shape. You can see how the boot of the B6 and B7 avants 'cut' differently into the bumper.

It would be interesting if someone modified one to fit, I think B7 bumpers are very nice 1 piece items, a lot like B6 S4's, and plenty on ebay, unlike B6's which have hardly any decent 2nd hand parts available.
  3. glenandem

glenandem Member

yeah thats why i was asking as ive noticed too thats theres plenty of cheap b7's that look nice and i really like the bottom middle bit thats in black plastic,shame that coz theyre so much cheaper too rather than pay silly money for an s4 bumper!
  4. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Yeah I think the S4 bumper is miles ahead of other bumpers available for the B6, but very expensive and hard to get. I'm sure someone with a bit of talent could cut a B7 bumper in two, mate it with a B6 one (and fill the seam) to create a mould and make copies of it.
  5. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

I've nearly bought a b7 rear bumper a couple of times thinking it was a b6 s4 one. It would be nice if they did fit.