1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auxillery water pump

audis38l Oct 18, 2013

1. audis38l

audis38l New Member

hi anyone had probs with auxillery water pump on s3 bam engine, mines stopped working, checked voltage at plug, 0.6 volts, it pulses to about 6 volts every 10 seconds, its got me beat.

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Check the condition of the fuses (30amp ones) on top of the battery... they famously corrode causing issues

<tuffty/>

3. audis38l

audis38l New Member

thanks tuffty checked them there all ok, it was working fine then just stopped, had relay 13 out to it seems ok, im at a loss on this one.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Fans working ok?

<tuffty/>

5. audis38l

audis38l New Member

hi tuffty, yes both fans working ok, if i pull the fuse for electric water pump both fans come on.

6. captainshortlegs

captainshortlegs New Member

had same problem tuffy gave same advice . again my fuse was fine , however the connector to the fuse had burnt out ! the fuse was fine the connector was toast it has giv in before the fuse check it properly bud coz after a week mine boiled over n split a few brital plastic water hose connetors and when sourcing new it was a weeks back order on the parts . worth a go coz it sounds like same issue made , its not offten tufftys wrong bud