1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auxiliary heating

steve184 Oct 27, 2006

1. steve184

steve184 Active Member

Anyone noticed this is in the A3 brochure but isn't listed in the price lists??? I wish this was available in this country as I reckon it would make the cold winter mornings so much more bearable!!!! Its available on BMWs why not audis??

2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

I find sticking mine in the garage has the same effect but only cheaper

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

And there's me thinking I'm the only one left who actually uses their garage to put a car in ! Certainly in the group of 20 houses where I live I'm the only one who does not use their garage as a general juck store.

4. marriedblonde

I know what you mean, half the houses seem to have the garage converted into and extra room or a dumping ground.

Although someone else in the house does keep hinting that one of them could be made into a play room...

J.

5. steve184

steve184 Active Member

some of us dont have garages!

6. marriedblonde

sorry Steve :(

7. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

playroom hey, whips and chains variety?

8. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

My neighbour is having one built, I asked him if it was going to be a pretend garage or he was going to use it. Most people just don't bother; I have to say I always use mine.

9. marriedblonde

LOL...If that was the case I think I would have converted it myself :) We have a loft for that ;)

10. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I saw it in the manual so I went to Audi and got a lot of blank faces. They said it must be something offered in colder countries so I pointed out that it was mentioned in my UK manual! Anyway I'm in Germany next week so I'm gonna find out if they can fit it. I like the idea of coming out to a warm defrosted car this winter!

11. marriedblonde

This has been mentioned before on here and there was a guy from sweden I think that mentioned it was an option they could order it.

J.

12. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Poor heater performance is something you have to learn to get used to.
    My car's temperature gauge barely moves by the time I get to work.
    It always astounds me how quickly petrol heaters get up to temp in comparison.
    The Honda Accord (don't know about the Civic,but I assume it would be the same) has an auxiliary heater as standard.

13. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I had a civic and it took yonks to warm up too.

14. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

I believe it does - mine certainly has it. It's pretty feeble but does help demist and take the edge off. The Temp gauge doesn't go up any faster though - about 5-6 mins before reachine 90.

15. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

My brother in law lives in teh Black Forest and has this kit fitted to his Audi. Set on a timer, it comes on and pre heats/de mists and warms the coolant. And at teh temperatures they get, its bloody fantastic. Even though I have seat heaters, this is a completely different league...

Bit OTT for 99% of the UK.