AUX port?

tally2425

Reaction score
Haven't got my Audi A3 yet but just wanting to know if they have an AUX port if they don't how do people get their ipod hooked up?

Depends on if its been spec'd & the year, any post late 06 head unit is capable of being fitted with one oem style, any pre late 06 needs aftermarket auxin solution, I wouldn't worry as its not hugely expensive to fit one.

If you do need one fitted, give us a shout as we supply/fit most of the oem technology for these cars.

Depends on if its been spec'd & the year, any post late 06 head unit is capable of being fitted with one oem style, any pre late 06 needs aftermarket auxin solution, I wouldn't worry as its not hugely expensive to fit one.

If you do need one fitted, give us a shout as we supply/fit most of the oem technology for these cars.

Thanks for the reply!, Think i'm getting an before 06 plate so will need to be aftermarket i guess...

Where are you based?

All over, usually come to site, get your car then we can discuss if you like :)

I also need an AUX port fitting, I have a 57 plate... Any idea how much it will cost me..?

I've found with my AUX port you need to have the iPod volume cranked to the max to get a decent sound at 'normal' levels, which means it drains the iPod battery very quick.

Id say look at the Xcarlink stuff, they allow iPod to be plug into the standard head unit and still charge the ipod at the same time.

I've found with my AUX port you need to have the iPod volume cranked to the max to get a decent sound at 'normal' levels, which means it drains the iPod battery very quick.

Id say look at the Xcarlink stuff, they allow iPod to be plug into the standard head unit and still charge the ipod at the same time.

Just had a look at these on eBay, They look good but do you need the whole unit?

TBH depends on the handset or player if the line levels are less.

TBH depends on the handset or player if the line levels are less.

in regard to your comment about depending on year of the cars headunit.

because i have an rnse LED on my 55plate, is an aux oem able to be fitted?