Aux Input Not Detected With Sav Nat Head Unit

Anton5071

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I picked up my 2011 A3 Black Edition (8P) complete with the sat nav head unit, bluetooth etc. The car is great however the head unit does not seem to pick up the fact there in an AUX socket installed in the car (this is located just behind the cigarette lighter). I have checked the sources and it only shows two SD slots and the Navigation DVD. I've search round all the other menus and cannot find anything to enable to aux.

I did a Google search and saw some others has the same issue, sometimes relating to coding. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to resolve the issue or if it does need coding or a lead adding to pick up the AUX port. I'm located in the Sheffield area and would be will to travel for around 50 miles to get it sorted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anton

is it an RNS-E headunit? was it retro fitted? if so its likely that the aux is not wired up to your head unit...

i had the same issue and its pretty common, its not a hard fix. there should be details of how i fixed it on my s3 8p thread. pm me if you have nay questions if you like...