1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aux Input For Stereo Can It Be Done

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mystic.bertie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie Member

[Nov 29, 2011]
    i have the concert head unit and the standard speaker system with a 6 cd changer in the glove box, is the any way of getting an aux input into the stereo so i can use the mini-jack output of my phone to play my mp3s thru the stereo. i dont mind if it means disconnecting the cd changer.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Nov 29, 2011]
    Various units on the market that will give you an Aux input. Many have gone down this route Dension Gateway or Xcarlink which offer various levels of connectivity including the ability to maintain your external CD changer on an OEM head unit.
  4. mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie Member

[Nov 29, 2011]
    THANKS for the info and links matey, both brands seem to be quite expensive, i would be as well fitting my mp3 head unit, i like the audi head unit its fine for me, if it saves me money ill just need to get the facia kit and wiring adapter then fit my head unit.

is there phono connections on the back of the head unit, i was wondering that these could be disconnected and a phono to mini jack cable used and use the cd changer input, maybe thats not possible but i did this with a car i had a few years ago.
  5. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Nov 29, 2011]
    NO phono or other inputs on back of Concert or Symphony head units - the linked "aux" units mimic a CD changer and get the audio in that way.

Only the Audi RNS-E Sat Nav head unit has an AUX input through the media connector which can be VCDS programmed to be used.
  6. mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie Member

[Nov 29, 2011]
    cheers mate, thats a bummer, it looks like i should just fit my mp3 head unit then. it plays mp3 off of a dvd plus it has an aux input on the front of it too.
  7. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Member

[Dec 3, 2011]
  8. mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie Member

[Dec 4, 2011]
    thanks for the link mate, i have no idea what those items cost, i have already ordered the bits i need to change my head unit ie wiring adapter, removal keys, ariel thingy, facia adapter and it cost me £25, it will mean i have a better head unit too and none of those poxy worn buttons lol.