Aux in socket - MY12

percymon

Reaction score
I'm collecting my 2012 TDI Sport next Saturday

It comes fitted with the bluetooth phone interface and has the 3.5mm single jack socket in the centre console

So..

will a iphone / ipod connect and play music via the bluetooth interface ?

If not then which lead do i need to plug into the aux-in jack socket - a straight 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack plug (headphone level),or a 30pin ipod connector to 3.5mm jack plug (line level)

Many thanks for your help

I'm going to miss the MMI I have in my current Golf :(

If none of the above are really suitable then would buying something like the xcar link box work with my standard (Concert ?) double din headunit ?

Aux wire will be fine and should llay through the system, dont need the charger cable as aux port wont charge the phone i think

3.5mm to 3.5mm wire will be the one mate.

Ipod connector to 3.5mm jack won't work.

It won't play through Bluetooth.

it won't charge it, and no track names will be displayed....

:)

Thanks for the replies guys

Like I said i'm going to miss the MMI of the Golf - not sure I'm going to be happy with such a poxy connection, although at under £2 delivered for a lead i guess it has some positives !

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys

Like I said i'm going to miss the MMI of the Golf - not sure I'm going to be happy with such a poxy connection, although at under £2 delivered for a lead i guess it has some positives !

You can fit an RNS-E and AMI to provide you with full iPod / iPhone / iPad integration, but it's expensive :/

You can fit an RNS-E and AMI to provide you with full iPod / iPhone / iPad integration, but it's expensive :/

and some low life will be away with it in no time, damaging the interior and exterior of the car - i'll stick with my 5yr old tomtom thats not failed me yet and is easily hidden from view.