1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aux in on Concert radio for PDA/MP3 player

synthdood Apr 26, 2005

1. synthdood

synthdood Member

I have just discovered that my new PDA (Fujitsu Siemens PocketLoox 720) has a line out on the cradle plug. This is opening up some great possibilities to use it as an in-car MP3 player as well as for SatNav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

I'm now looking into getting an active Brodit cradle for the PDA and modify the plug/cable myself so that it also carries the audio signal. The only problem is getting the signal into the Audi radio. I know that the CD changer inputs can be used for this and I'm sure that finding the line-in pins on the radio is simple enough, but what do I need to do to fool the Concert radio/cd into thinking there is a CD changer installed? The usual boxes that you can buy to create a aux input on Audi radios are too expensive to my taste. I'm quite good with electronics, so unless it is going to require programmable microcontrollers, I'm sure I can make something myself. All I need to know is which pin requires what kind of signal so that the radio thinks a CD changer is connected.

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It needs dummy data on the Data In line on the back of the HU, the pin outs are detailed on the top of the HU

3. imported_G4JSG

imported_G4JSG Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    It needs dummy data on the Data In line on the back of the HU, the pin outs are detailed on the top of the HU

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please explain what to do as I am looking for this very same solution. My concert radio/CD also has the glove box 6 disk changer which I will be removing if I can get the MP3 player connection working, so I could use the wiring harness for the solution I gues????

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
    John

4. technics100

technics100 Active Member