1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aux heaters

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Spurrellian, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Spurrellian

Spurrellian Member

Hi guys does anyone know if the a3 comes with an auxiliary heater as standard?

Cheers

Paul
  2. synthdood

synthdood Member

If you mean the heater that heats up the interior and engine while the car is not running the answer is no. It is an option on the A3 though, albeit an expensive one. It would love to have this on my next car but to be honest our winters (Netherlands) are not harsh enough and not long enough to justify the cost..
  3. Joosth

Joosth New Member

When going true the mmi climat control yesterday I did see the option aux. heating on or off. The is while the car is running.
  4. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

The A3 diesels have an Aux heater fitted, this is electrically driven as the engine under light load will take longer to heat the interior of the car hence the Aux heater.
    This is not an external heater which can be remotely turned on.
  5. Spurrellian

Spurrellian Member

Dieseldoug thanks that's what I was after

cheers
  6. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Interesting, didn't realise it was just the diesels which had it. I've noticed the option in the MMI on mine and must say that, when driving to work of a morning, the vents do seem to start producing heat quite quickly compared to my old 8P and certainly well before the engine has warmed up significantly.