1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RichA3Turbo, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Who is going? Im going on the 16th (Sunday)

    RIch
    #1
  2. richy
    Offline

    richy Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2004
    Messages:
    892
    Likes Received:
    0
    where when what?

    if u get me some more information i will come along if its fairly close..
    #2
  3. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    #3
  4. Ess_Three
    Offline

    Ess_Three Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2001
    Messages:
    5,383
    Likes Received:
    6
    I'll be there Saturday.
    #4
  5. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Dont know why were going on sunday and not saturday... I didnt book the tickets...probably quieter on sunday maybe.

    Rich
    #5
  6. Ess_Three
    Offline

    Ess_Three Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2001
    Messages:
    5,383
    Likes Received:
    6
    We've got the drive down on Friday...nosh up + beer on Friday night, show Saturday...then the drive home straight after.
    Should only take 7 hours or so to get home... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

    I'm not even sure if the muppet in charge of ticket booking has actually got them ordered yet...
    #6
  7. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,023
    Likes Received:
    1,594
    As it's only down the road, like 5 miles away, I'm going too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Most probably on sunday though, see you there Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif... in fact, you should pick me up in that beast of yours lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #7
  8. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Were getting the train from new street Jojo... Cant be arsed with driving!

    Rich
    #8
  9. Markb
    Offline

    Markb Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    Messages:
    2,139
    Likes Received:
    1
    I might go to this as I missed last years show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    Which is the best day to go?
    #9
  10. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,023
    Likes Received:
    1,594
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    I might go to this as I missed last years show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    Which is the best day to go?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sunday haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #10
  11. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Was a good show! Sorry i didnt get to see anyone! Was a busy day and kind of ran out of time.
    #11
  12. StephaneS
    Offline

    StephaneS Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    0
    didn't see anyone!
    shame
    show and live action were ok
    #12
  13. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,023
    Likes Received:
    1,594
    Was not bad for the 3 hours or so I was there, missed the Live show though, and there was more trade stands than cars - some nice totty though./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #13
  14. StephaneS
    Offline

    StephaneS Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    0
    dont worry rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    I also got quite busy. I did not know it was gonna be that big
    We went to the live action at 3.00pm (got some nove drifts' vids).
    We left at around 5.
    The most impressive (cars I mean hey jojo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) were:
    the enzo, the cobra (cameleon replica), and the viper
    very good were the ultima, the ascari and the exige with carbon fibre everywhere (got a picture with the chick on it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif)

    what I also liked were the cars in the car park outside.
    you had everything, from the sexed-up saxo to the ferrari!
    #14
  15. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    I was in the arena at 3.00 too... was in seat AAA92. We had the AAA passes so didnt have to queue or anything. Loved the rally cars. The A1 GP thing was a bit on the boring side...could have done a little more i thought. Was a good show though. Loved the Dodge Ram SRT-10... bloody enormous thing with a 500bhp V10... Lovely! Did you see the glitter skyline?

    Rich
    #15
  16. StephaneS
    Offline

    StephaneS Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    I was in the arena at 3.00 too... was in seat AAA92. We had the AAA passes so didnt have to queue or anything. Loved the rally cars. The A1 GP thing was a bit on the boring side...could have done a little more i thought. Was a good show though. Loved the Dodge Ram SRT-10... bloody enormous thing with a 500bhp V10... Lovely! Did you see the glitter skyline?

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    didn't get the AAA stuff and we did not know we had allocated seats for the shows. so we turned up at 14.58 for the 15.00 show and they said "no cant go your seats were for the 1.30pm show"! after a bit of argument they said ok wait for 3.00 and if some seats are left you can go. so we ended up waiting 5 mins (but with the lotus shows that did not seem very long!) and then we went. got some seats on the far left but it was ok as we saw quite a lot of drifts as we were just in front of the cornering bit of the track.
    The A1 GP was indeed boring but was one of the best noise I ever heard. same as an evo or F1 really.
    Those pickups were crazy and the noise!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    must have missed that skyline or seen it but dont remember it
    #16
  17. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    I was in the arena at 3.00 too... was in seat AAA92. We had the AAA passes so didnt have to queue or anything. Loved the rally cars. The A1 GP thing was a bit on the boring side...could have done a little more i thought. Was a good show though. Loved the Dodge Ram SRT-10... bloody enormous thing with a 500bhp V10... Lovely! Did you see the glitter skyline?

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    didn't get the AAA stuff and we did not know we had allocated seats for the shows. so we turned up at 14.58 for the 15.00 show and they said "no cant go your seats were for the 1.30pm show"! after a bit of argument they said ok wait for 3.00 and if some seats are left you can go. so we ended up waiting 5 mins (but with the lotus shows that did not seem very long!) and then we went. got some seats on the far left but it was ok as we saw quite a lot of drifts as we were just in front of the cornering bit of the track.
    The A1 GP was indeed boring but was one of the best noise I ever heard. same as an evo or F1 really.
    Those pickups were crazy and the noise!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    must have missed that skyline or seen it but dont remember it

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The noise was amamzing, but felt he could have pushed it a little rather than just driving round in circles. The stock cars made the ground shake as did the pickups... Loved the Focus and Octavia WRC and obviously the UR Quattro! That was cool! The flames that were coming out the exhaust were sweet when they launched.

    Rich
    #17

Share This Page