1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic locking / unlocking.

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ajmackie, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

I have a 99 A4 1.8SE pre facelift and i was just wondering whether i could code the auto door lock feature. Could i also do the 1 unlock drivers door, 2 unlock all doors feature?

Anyone live around Warrington or 30 miles radius with a vagcom and feeling charitable?
  2. imported_Audi_DavE

imported_Audi_DavE Guest

ya what??? lol.... you can select which doors you open?? lol
  3. cbass

cbass Member

No, he's being serious. You can code your remote locking to unlock just the driver's door with one press of the button and unlock the rest of the doors with a subsequent press. it can be activated using vag-com.
  4. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

but can it be on my model? if i looked at the central locking pump is there 2 air feeds, 1 drivers door, rest all doors or is there a valve somewhere or what? how can i tell! Darn the USA is a long way for me to go to do it !!!!
  5. moschino

moschino Member

I had to replace my Central Locking pump the other day, I noticed that there were 2 air feeds. However I thought one of them only went to the Fuel Flap, and the other does the doors and boot? I didn't pay too much attention to this so I might be wrong.

If this is the case then you will not be able to do what you asked.

My A4 is a 1998 model, they might have changed the pump configuration since which may allow you!
  6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Has I understand you can but I think your main dealer has to do it.

My car unlocks all door and the later model do the boot on there own.
  7. qA4Blake

qA4Blake New Member

My 98.5 unlocks the drivers door on the first press. On the second press, it unlocks all other doors, the trunk, and gas door. I am the second owner of the car and the keyless entry came like this. Maybe the first owner activated it but I doubt it.
  8. imported_nmb

imported_nmb Guest

both auto lock/unlock and selective door unlocking can be done with vagcom.
  9. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

I've just had a fumble under my carpet and i think there is 2 seperate cables, so mine should be able to do the one touch unlock driver door only feature.

Anyone with a vag com??????!
  10. K212

K212 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    qa4blake said:
    My 98.5 unlocks the drivers door on the first press. On the second press, it unlocks all other doors, the trunk, and gas door. I am the second owner of the car and the keyless entry came like this. Maybe the first owner activated it but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all American cars came with this feature as standard. My car came with the same unlocking sequence.