1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic anti-dazzle interior rear view mirror with compass *** 94% off***

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by sebhar70, Apr 16, 2010.

1. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

Whilst looking through ECS Tuning I noticed that they had the automatic anti dazzle rear view mirrors for chump change

Link:http://www.ecstuning.com/ES438552/?...g&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=OS_ES438552

I dont know if anyone is interested in this deal but they are really cheap for what they are, the only negative is that they only come in blue (I'm sure they can be sprayed) I feel another group buy coming on, the only thing is I think this time HMRC will want their cut as well:sadlike: If we were able to get ten people interested that would work out to be £38 each delivered to the uk + delivery costs to your homes.:yes:
  2. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

Sorry for my thickness who is HMRC IS IT CUSTOMS do they own audis can we cut a deal!
  3. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Member

You know what, in the 2 cars I've had with auto-dim mirrors, I've always been a bit disappointed, they're too slow to respond, if at all and a quick flick of the button under a manual one is much more effective. A bit like those (as they used to be called!) reactolight rapide sunglasses. Nice in theory.

I do miss the rain/headlight sensor that tends to come along with this option though!
  4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

think he means HM Revenue & Customs mate :icon_thumright:
  5. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

Yeah they own Audis of people who don't pay tax for their rearview mirrors :asskicking: and they don't cut deals :gun2:
  6. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

Is aqua blue the dark blue do they do a light blue interia?
  7. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

Not sure
  8. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shipping is more than the unit.
  9. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

i would be interested with this... i am sure there is a retrofit guide somewhere too!! :D
  10. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

11. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Personally i'm just not too keen on auto-dimming mirrors. I remember getting all exited when i drove a vectra with one, only to find that every time i desired to travel a little bit faster I was worried about who was behind (for example, mr police man). When the mirror was dimmed it was impossible to see. I know you can turn it off, but I just prefer to move it slightly on the odd occassion that the car behind me decides to leave main beams on etc.