Autoglym life shine

LewMcC

Reaction score
With my first winter with my S3 nearly over Im starting to plan out a deep clean of my car! Usually I aim to claybar down, wax and polish my car every couple of months when our weather allows it! But I haven't seen the need to polish my car yet as the AutoGlym Life Shine is holding up nicely with a quick aquawax after each wash but its not beading as much as it did when new!

cffaa18be9585019d6e0372b194c5ac1.jpg

This is my 2nd car and first with life shine so Im new to the detailing scene (parents are happy with simply washing theirs) so I was wondering is it fine to polish over the life shine? And what would be the best product to use with it?

I've been watching some obsessed garage on you tube and it has me itching to give her a good clean

(Ive searched the forum but couldnt find anything on aftercare.... the lifeshine was a sweetener they did to the car for free otherwise I would have just polished and waxed it on collection day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have had a bag left of lifeshine with top up left,you can use the aqua wax or autoglym hd wax on top of the lifeshine

What a waste of money............. there's much better stuff available and you can save hundreds and hundreds by doing it yourself.

Reactions: Scottyg
:busted cop:Life shine, as said above, is applied by dealers extremely poorly if at all! Its just as well you got it thrown into the deal as paying a dealer for it is simply daft.
If I was you, I'd strip the car back to bare and start again. If you are doing it yourself then there are plenty of products out there that do a 100% better job than Life Shine. Think CarPro Cquartz UK, Gtechniq, Gyeon and a good few others. I personally love Cquartz and Reload and its extremely easy to do.
Having a good read through this section will give you most of the assistance you need. Plus there's YouTube and lastly Detailing World (DW). What you need to be is prepared to shell out a shed load of money in your pursuit of perfection. It's addictive this detailing lark. :racer:

Reactions: steeve and LewMcC
I too had protection added by the dealer for free, I've been applying carpro hydro over it, but I think the lifeshine has been reducing the life of the hydro, today I stripped it back, cleaned with a strong dilution of carpro reset, then used eraser on every panel, now coated with carpro essence plus which is a non abrasive polish designed to go on top of other coatings, so hoping it will last around 6 months with a sprinkling of hydro on top

Sorry, by definition there is no such thing.......... "non abrasive polish"

There are plenty of non-abrasive treatments for car paintwork but not a polish.....

Last edited:
My misplaced words, essence plus is a non abrasive gloss enhancer

Reactions: Bristle Hound