autoglym extra gloss protection

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
I've just used auto glym extra gloss protection, don't rate it much tho, its left it feeling perfect to the touch but looking a bit greasy in places in sunlight, I did as it said except I didn't use their super resin polish( havn't got any) I used zymol cleaner wax, thinking now maybe thats where I've gone wrong :uhm: any of you used it before?

It's always worked well for me. I've always used it on top or SRP though.
The greasy places - is it buffed off properly????
Might sound stupid but sometimes spots get missed.

I thought that cos thats what its like but I did buff over the whole car again incase i hadn't done it enough but its no better, maybe I'm been to critical or it only works properly over SRP, the cars phantom black too whch shows everything up anyway.

Hmm - weird that - I always got a very nice finish, but like you say that was over SRP. Perhaps one of the more experienced detailers can shed some light on the situation.
On the flip side, JEFFs acrylic and JEFFs trigger is great on Phantom black. I've used it on my sprint blue S3 with great results and tried it on my dads neglected A4 the other week and it came up a treat. Really wet and the flake came alive in the sun - this stuff really continues to impress me for the prices as it's lasting really well!!! Rich@polished bliss has a good kit with everything you need.

This thread contains a couple of pics of my Dads finished car:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=37249

Hope this helps
JK

No sweat mate - Rich@polishedbliss is really good at answering questions - he's been incredibly patient with all of mine (just getting in to this 'looking after your car properly' game!!)

i was advised on her and on detailing world to use the AG extra gloss protection after using SRP because it bonds to the SRP very well.....
Those same people also advised that it does seem to have difficulty bonding to some other types of polish.

maybe thats why my car looks quite dull

i used poor boys polish via PC then used my old EGP - (old as in been lying in the garage for months and months)

might give it another go with some SRP then a new bottle of EGP

anyone used the Deep shine AG polish? i used it before on my clio, might be good on my mauritius blue a3

was also advised not to bother with the AG deep shine polish, a bit of a waste of time .......SRP much more useful seems to be the general opinion , so SRP then EGP then if you like another coat of EGP 24hrs later then Collinite #476 if you want extra extra strong protection.

heard good things about collinite

im using nattys blue presently which i think is really good!

anyone used this at all?? carbon wax?

I bought carbon wax about 4 years ago, it came in a starter kit with some other zymol products. Still got the tub. I dont like it, I find it very difficult to come off. At the risk of causing a riot on here i will say I am not a fan of Zymol and leave it at that. I did like the 'vinyl' product that came in the kit, but I refuse to pay the inflated price for it. (once bitten and all that)

yer its because the EGP bonds very well to SRP so put a coat or 2 of SRP on first and your should notice a difference then top it off with collinite 476. thats what i do anyways

Boydie said:
heard good things about collinite

im using nattys blue presently which i think is really good!

anyone used this at all?? carbon wax?

Carbon is a pain to buff off, as it's quite greasy, but using a mist of Field Glaze helps no end. It does look great on dark metallics though, and is pretty durable, thus it's still a product I rate highly and happily recommend. It's wetter looking than the Jeffs twins, but doesn't give quite so much flake pop. Here's a few examples...

bmw320ci12.jpg

bmw320ci11.jpg

:)