1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto window close / open...?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by burnsy79, Mar 26, 2012.

1. burnsy79

burnsy79 New Member

[Mar 26, 2012]
    Guys / Gals,

I've been a member for a while but never posted, so apologies in advance if I'm running over old ground.

I have a 2010 A3 TDi Sportback Sport 170 and the comfort window open and close was never default on my car. I've scanned a few posts and all seem to say you require the VCDS to switch this on. I was under the impression this was a default setting, how do you reset without the VCDS?

I had a 320 BMW before and you could reset by a combination of buttons pressed on the fob when it was in the ignition... Any help would be great?

Burnsy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 26, 2012]
    Are you talking about the one touch facility on the windows....If so then motor the window down fully then up fully and hold for approx 10 secs. This should enable the one touch facility. Remember to press down/pull back the button slightly harder as they are basically a 2 stage switch.
  4. VWAddict

VWAddict Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 26, 2012]
    VCDS is needed to turn on the REMOTE window 'convenience' feature...

The interior door-button convenience feature can be reprogrammed by holding the buttons. -It's often reset if the battery is changed or disconnected.

It's not clear from the original post what you mean, but hopefully that helps...?
  5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Mar 27, 2012]
    as its a 2010 model have a look on the DIS for any options to enable/disable the convenience option. The newer car DIS has lots of options built into it.
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 27, 2012]
    I wouldnt have comfort opening, incase you sit on your keys & then open the windows, to come back & find half the interior gone, comfort closing yes, coding is possible via vcds.