Auto Stop Slow Speed Crash?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Do Audi do that slow speed anti-crash system on their cars e.g. crawling behind a car at an island and you think the car in front has gone but you are looking right and then you hit the back of the car in front. I know some manufacturers have a system where it can detect a slow speed impact and slam on the brakes for you.

My car has the ACC and Pre Sense (basic I think) installed but is this part of it? or is it another option? Or what is it called?

Don't really want to "test it" with another stationary car ;-)

BTW I think the ACC is stunning - just stunning! use it daily on dual carriage ways on the commute.

Thanks

Reactions: CrypticMG
I also have ACC and like you, think it is brilliant. From the brochure description it says that ACC includes Audi Pre-sense front which warns the driver through an enhanced brake assist of any imminent threat of collision with the vehicle in front. Braking action is initiated at speeds below 19mph if there is a danger of collision with a stationary or moving vehicle, to avoid or reduce impact.
But I've never tested it so have to believe that it works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure I seen a video on youtube about some guy testing the Audi Pre-Sense on a street with his son!

Have it on my Golf GTE.

Its a great feature in respect of the ACC. Wouldn't have a car without it now for motorway driving.

The auto braking (pre sense) feature is good but you can not rely on it. It's very good if someone decides to make a late turn or cuts in front of you and gets close to the front of the car. It will dab the brakes fairly heavily and warn you.

Yet to see it brake itself. Tried to get it to do it under 19 mph but it's never gone off. Hence why you can not rely on it.

I have ACC too. Presense does work and a couple of times brakes have worked when someone turns into a side road then just stops for god knows what reason other than an attempt at a cash for crash

First time it happened was a bit unnerving. I thought the system was a bit overzealous