1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto lights/wipers/dimming rear view mirror & CH/LH install complete!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ADi Nuff Valves, Oct 21, 2012.

1. BetyOops

BetyOops New Member

Dec 8, 2013
    I really don't know ... I think i made the same coding than yesterday ... But today it works :)
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. oskaro

oskaro New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I do have the same problem as you had BetyOops.
    Everything is installed as it should - followed by instructions provided in this topic. Coming / Leaving home function is working fine together with light sensor. I set "Brightness threshold for Coming Home / Leaving Home" value to "3" (adaptation channel 13) - below that lights are turning on / above it there're not.
    Unfortunately driving lights are ON all the time, even if measure value block 8 shows "Brightness = 7 (maximum)".
    Measure value block 16 shows Light sensor -Lin signal = ON (on=dark).
    I live in Poland where for last few days is cloudy and a bit dark for the whole day. I didn't have a chance to test it during a sunny day. Do you think it matters? Maybe more IR light with right level of intensity and light distribution angel. Does it matter?
    Looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you in advance.

#42 oskaro, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  4. andyduff88

andyduff88 New Member

Mar 5, 2015

Just bought an 11 plate Audi rs3 that does not have auto lights or wipers pack (no auto option on light switch, no auto dim rear view mirror).

If I contact Audi Manchester with your list above for the conversion and buy the appropriate windscreen buy would that be enough to give me auto lights and wipers option back? I.e. is your list for an rs3 11 plate or would I simply go through your list a d ask them to duly priced and part numbers for rs3 equivelant set up. I have someone who can retrofit all this . Many Thanks Rob, my first post on here and I think your list is really helpful!! Andy
  5. RobRS

RobRS Member
    Audi RS3

Jan 7, 2007

Hope you are enjoying your RS 3?

My RS 3 already came with the Auto Lights & Wipers as a factory fitment.

The list of parts needed & instructions to fit Auto Lights & Wipers were for an (8P Chassis) MY08 S3 whereas the RS 3 is an (8P & 8V Chassis)
    However, some of those parts are common to both Chassis types -

8R0 857 511 4PK - Auto-dimming mirror (black) £177.47
    8K0 955 559 D - Rain Sensor £145.56
    4F0 907 671 B - Retaining clip for sensor £2.32
    4F0 857 593 J 4PK - Plastic cover for wiring (black) £4.72
    4F0 857 593 G 4PK - Cable guide $4.66

The Lights switch will be different & the wiring to the CE module will be different. Sorry, I don't have the wiring details for an (8P & 8V Chassis) CE module, but I would have thought you'd be able to find them on here quite easily?

Best of luck with your retro fit
  6. Golfather

Golfather Member

Mar 26, 2003
    Just to update this thread, this is a real easy upgrade for any Audi A3 facelift 8P3 2009 onwards. So S3, RS3 etc.
    Don't need a headlight switch, original DRL switch will work and is already wired up. No coming home button required.
    Only wiring required is the tap to PIN 33 Socket B for the LIN bus for your rain sensor.
    Enable coding.
    Thats it.

Retrofitters may want to adjust their prices when quoting for work for the above models.. ;)
  7. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Audi S3

Jul 22, 2007
    I really need to get mine finished. I've had all the main parts for ages and basically just need the screen.
    I did go into autoglass who were ok to do the windscreen, as it has a decent chip on it, but would only do like for like according to chassis number.
    I also want a genuine screen does any one know the cost of this?