Auto Levelling part numbers

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to complete the 'LEGAL' install of the bi-xenons by getting the Auto-Levelling kit...

I have managed to source a Xenon range control module (55) - 8P3 907 357 - this is listed in ETKA as a 2009 Audi A3 part and i was wondering if that would have an issue fitting on my MY06 Sportback?

also the sensors that i am finding are mostly listed for the Audi TT -

8J0 941 274 E (front) - which also lists on ETKA for a 2009 A3... again i was wondering if anyone knows if i would run into any issues fitting this onto my my06 Sportback?

are there any other parts for the sensors that are interchangeable in the Audi range that will work on the A3?

thanks

I kept seeing TT ones too & most of Ebay.de ones (Niveausensor) that were suitable were broken/bits missing. I didnt take the chance in getting a TT one just in case though it most likely would work just as the MK5 Golfs should too. It took me a few months of looking :-(

just to clarify which side does the actual sensors sit on in the UK? on ETKA there are 2 part numbers for the same sensor, difference is one is labelled right and the other as left :think:

So digging around on ETKA brings up these for a prefacelift A3:

Front: 1K0941274B
Rear (non Quattro) :1K0941273L

though there is nothing with those part numbers on ebay... so can i use the alternative ones listed for the newer (2009) A3s that are listed on ebay?

Use the ones listed for your car in etka, dont bother with ebay, they hardly ever come up & when they do they're missing parts as in arms, I always buy new for clients, dont be tight *** :p

LOL!
Nigel just a quick one... i have the levelling controller 8P3907357 which comes up on ETKA for a 2009 A3, now looking at the PR codes it only shows "without Drive select" (2H0) and "automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving) (8Q3)

Now on my year car the levelling controller is listed as 8P0907357J which has the same 8Q3 PR code... so im wondering would i get away with using the one i have in my hand? i know that i will try and see but theoretically should it work?

It may work, but tbh you need to use the controller for your year, as there will be compatibility issues potentially using facelift units as already discovered by me & Phil, coding may not take.

Bumping this thread.

Are there any knowledge updates? I'm looking for OE numbers for headlight level sensors for a 2012 A3 SE. I've got found these numbers so far:

- 8J0 941 274E - Front
- 8J0 941 307A - Rear left
- 8J0 941 308A - Rear right

What does the "rear/right" mean? This question was asked before in this thread but remained unanswered. Is it about the RHD vs LHD vehicle?

Kufatec sells a retrofit set with one of the rear sensors only. Which one?

hmmm fair point, trial and error i guess.

Guys,

My audi a3 3.2 quattro had single stage xenons originally, still have the sensors on front and rear left wishbones, however since fitting facelift xenons, lights no longer go up and down + showing “range adjusment defective”

I guess a new module and sensors are required, is this correct?
Would the wiring also need changing or would orginal wiring suffice?
I’ve searched the forum but cannot find a definite answer specifically for pre fl xenon to fl bi xenon

Vcds shows:

01535 - control circuit for right headlight range adjusting motor (V49)
01534 - control circuit for left headlight range adjusting motor (V49)

Any help is much appreciated!
Kind regards