1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto kerb dip

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by JossyB, Jun 14, 2013.

1. JossyB

JossyB Member

I've got the folding mirror option on my car - any idea how the kerb dip works when reversing ?.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  2. RossR

RossR Member

Depends. Do you have the folding/dimming/dipping mirrors option or just the folding option?
  3. JossyB

JossyB Member

Ross, I have the folding option only but the brochure said that it included kerb dip on reverse ?
  4. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

You only need the basic folding mirrors to get the dipping according to the configurator.

I would assume you put it into reverse and adjust to suit, then it'll go back to that position when reversing again - that's how I've seen other cars work
  5. RossR

RossR Member

Just checked the latest brochure and you're right. I could swear it didn't used to be like that.

I think you need to leave the adjustment switch set to the passenger side. You might also need to teach it the position it should go to, but I don't know how. It should all be in the manual.
  6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Found this on a forum, it's about the Golf though, but I expect it'd be the same. It does seem you have to move the adjuster to the L side to activate it.

7. RossR

RossR Member

One other detail - I believe it remembers a different position for each key. Don't quote me on that though.
  8. Creep

Creep New Member

That's how it works on my A3 and I have only the folding mirrors.

Didn't know about the part that you can change the position. I have to try it. Although I don't really use the auto dip that much because I want my buttons to be in certain position and I don't bother always switching the adjuster to "L" :) (And of course I move the adjuster to "R" because my steering wheel is left hand side)