1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto kerb dip

JossyB Jun 14, 2013

1. JossyB

JossyB Member

I've got the folding mirror option on my car - any idea how the kerb dip works when reversing ?.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  2. RossR

RossR Active Member

Depends. Do you have the folding/dimming/dipping mirrors option or just the folding option?

3. JossyB

JossyB Member

Ross, I have the folding option only but the brochure said that it included kerb dip on reverse ?

4. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

You only need the basic folding mirrors to get the dipping according to the configurator.

I would assume you put it into reverse and adjust to suit, then it'll go back to that position when reversing again - that's how I've seen other cars work

5. RossR

RossR Active Member

Just checked the latest brochure and you're right. I could swear it didn't used to be like that.

I think you need to leave the adjustment switch set to the passenger side. You might also need to teach it the position it should go to, but I don't know how. It should all be in the manual.

6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Found this on a forum, it's about the Golf though, but I expect it'd be the same. It does seem you have to move the adjuster to the L side to activate it.

7. RossR

RossR Active Member

One other detail - I believe it remembers a different position for each key. Don't quote me on that though.

8. Creep

Creep New Member

That's how it works on my A3 and I have only the folding mirrors.

Didn't know about the part that you can change the position. I have to try it. Although I don't really use the auto dip that much because I want my buttons to be in certain position and I don't bother always switching the adjuster to "L" :) (And of course I move the adjuster to "R" because my steering wheel is left hand side)