Auto hood opening/closure on B7 Cab

timjhoward

Audi Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Whilst I am still some time away from taking delivery of my car I was reading through some of the user manual downloaded from the Audi site today (was looking for any neat features I didn't know about!).

I noticed that there was an auto opening/closing feature for the hood and windows, though the guide appears to state that this is only possible by inserting the key and turning it in the lock. Can you tell me whether it is possible to enable this from the key fob through something like VAG.COM?

I borrowed a Saab 93 Convertible a few years ago and you could raise/lower the hood by holding down the unlock/lock buttons on the key. Whilst it is by no means an essential, it was a pretty neat trick, particularly when returning to the car in a pub car park with an array of onlookers (call me a poser!)

Thanks

POSER . . . . ;o)

I think there was a german company that made a module that could do this, but believe it only worked on the B6 version. I'll try to find the thread again, think it was on tyresmoke.

If anyone else can shed some light, that would be great. Because then there can be two posers . . . .

phil1978 said:
https://www.wilhelmy-it.de

Apparantly this one works with the B7 . . . . Just make sure you follow the instructions with it, not the instructions on the website for installation . . .

Quite a few people from another forum have fitted this with great results.

Well it's not cheap but very very cool! Will get my car in December so this could be a nice spring project when the weather picks up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look this one up for me, you'll have to let me know if you go ahead!

Tim

I'm waiting on replies for definite prices from UK sellers. Hoping around the £150-£200 mark.

Still a lot cheaper than some other remote and one touch modules I've seen, as they are single so two modules to 'fit' whereas this one is all in one. And a lot of the other remote modules dont work on the B7. . . . .

I'll let you know prices when I get replies, may even try to get a discount if we order a few . . . . GROUP BUY anyone??

£200'ish with all the taxes and importing fees . . . . . . . . Looks like I'm gonna be a busy boy.

Anyone else fancy one of these??? If I get some numbers I'll go back to them and see what deal they can offer.