Auto fold mirrors

vr6gordy

Reaction score
I'm looking to do this but a bit confused is it just a matter of swopping the mirrors over and plugging into the door somewhere and swopping the mirror switch over and code with vag com

You simply swap the door modules, sat and mirrors to power fold and then swap the standard 3 point mirror switch to a four point and that is it.

It will work straight away with no coding.

Motors for a cab are 8h2 959 801 and 8h2 959 802 there there's a H in the code for a saloon it's an E what's the difference anyone no ????also dose it have to have an e at the end of the part number or will other letters work .. One with B don't work

Last edited:
On the guide it say e or h for an Audi a4 saloon so dose that mean h will fit a cabriolet ??

Gonna check my motors tomorrow to see if I've got the right part number before I spend some money if my part number has no letter at the end of the part number dose this mean they will power the auto fold mirrors ???

Last edited:
It def does or with an E on the end for the saloon and avant

Well I've just checked my motors and there's no letter at the end of part number so I don't need to spend

It's also the MAX marking which also verifies it should cover all functions Like yours as the majority have MIN on them, but maybe cabs are different.

I'm looking to do this but a bit confused is it just a matter of swopping the mirrors over and plugging into the door somewhere and swopping the mirror switch over and code with vag com

I'm looking to do this but a bit confused; is it just a matter of swapping the mirrors over and plugging into the door somewhere, swapping the mirror switch over and code with VAG-COM?

No coding needed .. Check your motor code on your mirror motor you want it to read the same as mine then swop your mirror switch over To a 4 way switch as for pluging them in you just plug it in where you unplugged your old mirror power from

Have you got a cab or saloon/avant?

If a cab it is the same numbers as follows but starts with 8H2 otherwise 8E2 959 801 and 8E2 959 802 with or without an E on the end for the door control module, left and right power fold mirrors and finally a 4 way mirror switch.

Got the modules for the saloon/avant with 4 way mirror switch in the classifieds.

If your wanting a passenger side auto fold mirror housing I've got a brand new one for a saloon or avant 30 quid plus post

Got one mirror fitted on the passenger side and then fitted the new 4 way switch then when I tested it nothing the mirror moves ok but won't fold .. Is it because I need drivers side fitted as well ???

Found out why it dosnt fold I've bought the wrong mirror switch the switch I need has the 4pk at the end of it mine didn't have to wait a bit longer now to get it to work

Well I got my drivers side door mirrorfrom usa yesterday so when I opened it is missing the black triangle shape plastic is missing so I thought I could remove the plastic of my old mirror and put on my new mirror but it don't fit there diffent shapes on the power fold mirror so I now need a new drivers side power mirror any idea how much a new one is ??? Or anyone one got one for sale

Don't know what triangle you are talking about but mine are all the same size.....power and manual mirrors.

There are two types where the glass can be the anti glare/auto dim version.....identified with a plastic frame round the mirror and is thicker. These are about £300 each new from TPS.....crazy money and had sold mine for about £150 each just for the glass, as only wanted the standard glass

Anyone no the part number for a power folding drivers side door mirror for a a4 cabriolet

A4 Cabs from 01/2006 - 03/2009: 8H2858532F 01C - £213.61
Many thanks looks like Gonna have to buy new ,, loads of normal
Mirrors on eBay but no drivers side power folding

Its just clicked what the triangle you are talking about is. That trim panel should be no different as I had a similar problem when my power fold trim had the corner snapped off so swapped it with my original mirrors trim and they were identical.

Is there a part number for the fourth light on the mirror controls I have now left and then middle and right but I need the bit that shows the power mirrors . I've got the hole made ready you can see on the back where it is ..